How do you share your email calendar internally?

Anonymous
Not applicable

How do you share your email calendar internally?

Hey All,

Our organization has been wanting some additional insight into our emails sends, including who we're targeting, what the messaging looks like and the specific days we have emails scheduled. I was wondering if anyone in the community has solved for a way to create and share a publicly facing email comms calendar for their team.

I think an obvious answer is the Calendar view, but unless I am not fully utilizing it properly I don't know that that includes as much information as the team would benefit from.

Any suggestions?

6 REPLIES 6
James_Chung
Level 2

Re: How do you share your email calendar internally?

We use a ticketing system (jira) configured with a dashboard for other teams to look at. 

The dashboard has a calendar widget and people can drill down to the individual ticket to get more information on the work that's been done, targeting, date/time of send, etc

Lauren_Beth
Level 6

Hi Michael - we use Wrike for our team calendar.  For sales, we use a Salesforce calendar with links to the related Salesforce campaign.

Anonymous
Not applicable

We just integrated a 3rd party solution called "calendar anything" which uses the dates and information on the campaigns to populate a calendar in SFDC. Our reps are now adopting it to track meetings, schedules with executives, and other date-driven initiatives so they have a holistic view of how both marketing and sales are touching their accounts. It's been super helpful!

David_Gaible
Level 7

Hi Michael Patterson​,

We're big fans of Marketo's calendar functionality. It really, really helps to have good program tags set up. One thing you're looking for and won't get using the Marketo calendar is size of send. We get around that by using good program tags for our segments; our segment managers always have a good idea of how many prospects and customers are in each segment, so program tags+out of the box Marketo calendar functionality works great for us!

Darrell_Alfons2
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

We use Asana for the email calendar, and use tags to differentiate from other marketing activities. The tags show emails, events, blog posts in different colors.

Tags for country, business unit/product, email and event, other tags as well.

Anonymous
Not applicable

We are also using Asana for managing due dates and looping in design for support if needed.