SOLVED

How do you report on Progressive Profiling?

Go to solution
Maha89
Level 2

How do you report on Progressive Profiling?

A similar question was asked 6 years so I'm wondering if there is an updated response to this. How can I report on progressive profiling to see if it is successful, for example how much extra data did we get on specific fields? Any insights please

Here to learn
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: How do you report on Progressive Profiling?

Every time a form is submitted, only the values present on the form at that time (either in hidden or visible fields) appear in the Filled Out Form activity. Previously filled fields that have been suppressed by ProgPro won't appear in the log.

That being said, there's no way within the UI to report on that data, as Marketo doesn't really treat individual Filled Out Form activities as first-class from a reporting standpoint. What I would do is pull the activities out using the Bulk Extract API, then you can do all manner of slicing and dicing and time series analysis.

Within the UI, you'd be limited to trying to see which fields changed (Data Value Changed, but that's quite prone to error: a field can be in a form post but not actually change in the db, if you have other campaigns/API calls/syncs that change it in the background.

Also, to do this analysis properly you need to know when a form was submitted from a new session (where ProgPro doesn't work, by definition) vs. an existing session. And of course that's affected by which browser (i.e. browser vendor) people use, as Safari ages cookies out dramatically sooner than FF & Chrome!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: How do you report on Progressive Profiling?

Every time a form is submitted, only the values present on the form at that time (either in hidden or visible fields) appear in the Filled Out Form activity. Previously filled fields that have been suppressed by ProgPro won't appear in the log.

That being said, there's no way within the UI to report on that data, as Marketo doesn't really treat individual Filled Out Form activities as first-class from a reporting standpoint. What I would do is pull the activities out using the Bulk Extract API, then you can do all manner of slicing and dicing and time series analysis.

Within the UI, you'd be limited to trying to see which fields changed (Data Value Changed, but that's quite prone to error: a field can be in a form post but not actually change in the db, if you have other campaigns/API calls/syncs that change it in the background.

Also, to do this analysis properly you need to know when a form was submitted from a new session (where ProgPro doesn't work, by definition) vs. an existing session. And of course that's affected by which browser (i.e. browser vendor) people use, as Safari ages cookies out dramatically sooner than FF & Chrome!