How do you report on engagement nurture successes based upon form fill outs?

Anonymous
Not applicable

How do you report on engagement nurture successes based upon form fill outs?

Hello MKTO Community,

Here is our problem. We are having difficulty attributing success to our nurtures programs. We direct engagement nurture members to our website page to fill out request more info or contact us lightbox forms. Ideally, these would be standalone marketo landing pages just for the nurtures and not lightboxes, but that wasn't my decision! We have triggers set up that say if member of the engagement nurture program AND fills out form contribute a success. This is the classic chicken and egg problem though. It is possible for somebody to fill out the form first and not be a member of the engagement nurture program until much later. In that case, the engagement nurture didn't influence the form fill out and thus a success criteria shouldn't be counted. Below is an idea on how to solve this problem. Curious if you have any thoughts or best practices? Thanks!

Suggested solution using member of program dates:

Lead created (1/15/15)  >  Member of Nurture Program Date (2/1/15)  > Fills Out Form And Member of Contact Us or RMI Program Date (3/1/1/15) > Custom Formula Field Subtracts 2/1/15 - 3/1/1/15 = Negative Number > Custom Field Populates = Yes Influenced Form Fill Out

Lead created (1/15/15)  >  Fills Out Form And Member of Contact Us or RMI Program Date (2/1/1/15)  > Member of Nurture Program Date (5/1/15) > Custom Formula Field Subtracts 5/1/15 - 2/1/1/15 = Positive Number > Custom Field Populates = No Influenced Form Fill Out

All the best,
Andrew
Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: How do you report on engagement nurture successes based upon form fill outs?

So Nurtures have Entry and Exit. Exit is based on a Goal, such as X form fill outs, MQL, etc... Exit can also be based on unsubscribed.

It doesn't really matter what your form fill out is, just  matters that you choose a Goal.

So for your issue, I would say what you did - if the lead is in Engagemetn AND fills out form (trigger), then this is your Goal and mark the person as success in the Engagement only.

If they happened to have filled it out in the past, so what? Maybe they shouldn't be in this nurture then.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How do you report on engagement nurture successes based upon form fill outs?

Hello Josh,

Thanks for your response. I understand Nurtures have an Entry and Exit and that Exit is based upon a Goal.
Our issue is that a lead can fill out the form first and then be added to the nurture program at a later time. In that case, we don't want the Goal to fire. We don't want to mark the person as a nurture program success.

We only want the nurture program success to be marked if that lead is a member of the nurture program first and then fills out the form. If they've filled out the form previously, we don't want that to be a success unless they fill it out a second or third time after they've become a nurture program member. Make sense?

I was curious if you thought this would work, which I think it will, and if you had any other suggestions. Much appreciated sir!

All the best,
Andrew