SOLVED

How do you handle syncing vs not syncing MKTO Programs and SFDC campaigns?

Go to solution
Kimi_Heskett1
Level 9 - Champion Alumni

How do you handle syncing vs not syncing MKTO Programs and SFDC campaigns?

I've typed this 3 times and lost it each time, so hopefully it makes sense! And hello MKTO community, sorry I've been MIA. I'm deep in the trenches of our SFDC implementation. We're plugging in a MKTO database that has been stand alone for a year with SFDC full of legacy data from a few CRM systems. As you can imagine, it's been quite a ride. 

So... I'm syncing several MKTO Programs with the corresponding SFDC campaign... things like view demo, PPC, etc.

I also have a LARGE number of MKTO programs that have SFDC campaigns but I don't think I want to sync them because I do not want program members syncing just because they are in that MKTO program. Things like email nurture campaigns.

However once someone in a MKTO program like an email nurture program does sync to SFDC for other reasons like filling out a form or a scoring threshold I want to make sure they are tagged with the email nurturing campaign in SFDC.

How do I handle this? Do I sync the email nurture MKTO program with the SFDC campaign and not use any progression statuses? Even if I do that does that actually tag that person to that SFDC once they sync otherwise? Thus far in my testing that is not the case.

How do you guys handle this?
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How do you handle syncing vs not syncing MKTO Programs and SFDC campaigns?

You can do exactly that. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Kimi, if you just want to add select MKTO leads to a specific SFDC campaign do it via a smart campaign using the Add to SFDC Campaign flow action.  You can also change the campaign member status using the Change Status in SFDC Campaign flow action.
Kimi_Heskett1

Thanks Elliott, I got that piece I think... should have mentioned it. So do you run a triggered smart campaingn in a non-synced program that says if a program member is synced to SFDC to sync them to the appropriate SFDC campaign? I just want to make sure I'm automating it. Am I making sense? 🙂
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can do exactly that. 
Kimi_Heskett1

Thanks Elliott! 🙂
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you have a lot of programs running, you might consider making the "SFDC Campaign Catch-up " a batch campaign that runs daily rather than making it a triggered campaign. Using batch campaigns when it makes sense puts less pressure on your instance hopefully keeping it running faster.