How do you handle Cvent Integration - Share your Marketo/Cvent Experience

Julie_Colwell1
Level 5

How do you handle Cvent Integration - Share your Marketo/Cvent Experience

Hi Everyone,

We have been working on our integration with Cvent and I'm curious as how have you handled it from a Marketo perspective.

Do you send all emails and Invites out of Cvent and just push the data over to a Marketo Program?

Do you send the invites out of Marketo and manage the Registration through Cvent?

Would love your input and to hear about your experience!

Thanks,

Julie

Tags (2)
10 REPLIES 10
ChristinaZuniga
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: How do you handled Cvent Integration - Share your Marketo/Cvent Experience

What worked best for me was to send invitations through Marketo (which resulted in no uploads of contacts to CVENT) and then have registered contacts roll back into Marketo program. All emails went out of Marketo except the initial confirmation email. Our events are small and we offer the ability to book hotels for our attendees, so each registration is approved and their hotel confirmation included in their CVENT record (hotel module) which made it easier to use CVENT for confirmation compared to Marketo.

Julie_Colwell1
Level 5

Thank you Christina! That was our plan as well, but we just found out that in order to send out the personalized link in Marketo the event needs to be made Public in Cvent. The problem is that a majority of our meetings and event are private as their highly limited spots or ticked events. Did you come across anything similar and how did you handle it?

ChristinaZuniga

Re: How do you handle Cvent Integration - Share your Marketo/Cvent Experience

Hi Julie - ah, I haven't run across that issue in the past because the events I host in CVENT have all been large national customer events instead of more limited ones.

Ayush_Aggarwal1
Level 2

Shashank Sharma​, I believe you could answer and help her handle Cvent-Marketo integration.

Jesse_Richard
Level 3

All promotional emails we send out of Marketo, and those point to the Cvent registration page. Right now we just have Cvent send out the confirmation emails, but when someone registers for an event in Cvent, we have a trigger campaign within the Marketo program to add them to that program (for scoring and tracking purposes), as well as sync them over to the respective SFDC campaign.

Laetitia_Glet-D
Level 1

Hello, we're currently working on the connector between Cvent and Marketo. Which trigger and flow actions do you use to capture leads registered in Cvent? Do you use also lists to identify registered people, cancellation, attendees, no-shows? Do you have best practices? Thank you

ChristinaZuniga

I no longer use CVENT, but when I did I would add people to lists (registered, cancelled, attended, etc.) and then I'd trigger off of those to update flows. Things like lead source, last lead source, program status update, add/update SFDC campaign status, alert to sales (if in oppt) and email confirmation.

With cancelled, when that happened we'd have similar flows.

I stopped using CVENT a year ago and I think they've changed their integration since then, so I can't speak to that part, but when I used it they sent to static lists

Laetitia_Glet-D
Level 1

Thank you Christina. Very helpful. 

Julie_Colwell1
Level 5

Hi Letitia, We have learned quiet a bit about the integration and are still discovering new things. I'd be happy to share my learnings with you or answer any questions if you still have them.