How do you change a date format in an email? Like 2014-04-30 to April 30, 2014

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How do you change a date format in an email? Like 2014-04-30 to April 30, 2014

The code is working fine on my side; however, after it changes the value, there is a blank space after the date. So for example:

Feb 20 2014 . 

There is a tiny space after the 2014. I couldn't figure out why, any thoughts?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How do you change a date format in an email? Like 2014-04-30 to April 30, 2014

@Brenton, check for any extra and unnecessary spaces in your script, especially at the end of the last line.  You're very likely to get extra spaces from your script in the plain text version of your message or if your message is text-only (no html formatting). 
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wanted to circle back. We were never able to get the code from above working. However, we didn't try too long as we stumbled across a very weird workaround. The workaround makes no sense but I'd be curious if others experienced the same results.

We use the regular date token as shown below, not the email script token.

Hi {{lead.First Name:default=}},

This is the enablement date: {{company.Enablement Date:default=Date}}

Here is where it gets weird......

When we drop the email into a Request Campaign campaign to send the email, the Enablement date merges in the way we want it (Mar 20, 2014).  However, if the same email is sent via a batch campaign, the email merges in that field in the 2014-20-03 format. 

So instead of sending the email via a a batch, we set up another campaign to grab the members. We then request a second campaign that contains Send Email in the flow.

The only reason why we stumbled on this is we were originally using the advanced wait token as part of a Request Campaign campaign.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Patrick.

I checked my script and everything looks fine. It's the same as the one you provided except i have changed the field value. I still can't figure out where the extra space is coming from. I appreciate the feedback though.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm surprised every person trying to set up a renewal notification isn't requesting this feature. I'll add my vote to the request for a more user-friendly method to specify how to display dates.