SOLVED

How do you add and/or change a meta tag picture?

Go to solution
Amanda_Thomas6
Level 9

How do you add and/or change a meta tag picture?

I post our content (landing pages) through social media, and it either shows the one background picture on the landing page, or no picture at all. Is there a meta tag for a thumbnail picture? I put a screen shot below of where I've been looking.

Thank You!

pastedImage_0.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: How do you add and/or change a meta tag picture?

See this article for more information about meta tags used specifically for social: Must-Have Social Meta Tags for Twitter, Google+, Facebook and More - Moz

While the landing page properties do not contain fields for this specific metadata, Marketo does offer a social add-on where you can create a custom social toolbar to your landing page - with the ability to define the images (and define the text, along with other customization) you want to include:

pastedImage_1.png

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Josh_Hill13

If you know how to use the OG tags, you can do that.

Most social platforms look for any images on the page and will try to use those. There are tags (which you can google) that can help the target platform find the picture you want.

Dan_Stevens_

See this article for more information about meta tags used specifically for social: Must-Have Social Meta Tags for Twitter, Google+, Facebook and More - Moz

While the landing page properties do not contain fields for this specific metadata, Marketo does offer a social add-on where you can create a custom social toolbar to your landing page - with the ability to define the images (and define the text, along with other customization) you want to include:

pastedImage_1.png

Conor_Fitzpatri
Level 6

Dan,

This is an awesome share. What about using my tokens in the LP template to define the values of the meta tags?

Dan_Stevens_

I'd have to imagine that would work.  I know for a fact that this works for content displayed on a page (which I've highlighted in this thread (toward the bottom): Have Marketo Tips & Tricks? Share them Here! ), but I would think tokens would also work for things like metadata.

Amanda_Thomas6
Level 9

I also found an easier route/work around. If you use buffer, you can just upload a picture to use next to the text/site you're sharing. Thanks again for your help guys!