How do I trigger a task off a new custom field?

Anonymous
Not applicable

How do I trigger a task off a new custom field?

I created a new custom field in admin along the lines of "requested demo," the field is boolean True/False.

I then added the field to a current form and changed the field name to, "Would you like a demo?" and the select list value to "Select One, Yes, and No."

In my smart campaign it only recognizes a status of True/False and I can't seem to assign the "yes" value to equal true.

I want a smart campaign that creates a task if someone selects yes in that field drop down.

Any advice on how to make this work?

4 REPLIES 4
Michelle_Miles3
Level 9 - Champion Alumni

Re: How do I trigger a task off a new custom field?

Try using a change data value to convert your yes/nos to true/false.

Create a smart campaign, smart list = custom field is not empty

Flow = Change data value. Add choice for if <custom field> is yes, new value is true, Add choice for if <custom field> is no, new value is false

Then set a recurring schedule with leads only running through the campaign once.

Michelle Miles
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Michelle,

When I create the initial smart list you suggested there is no "Custom Field" filter and if I put the actual custom field name ("Demo Requested") there is no "is not empty" option.

Any thoughts?

Julie

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

If your field is boolean, you only get T/F as an option.

Your Form is using human terms and Yes=T and No = F, so that's what you should use in the Data Value Changes trigger (orange). If you setup the new field correctly, you should see it when you type in the name.

You must select New Value and/or Old Value from the Constraints tab.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Figured out a work around (no triggers or batches were working in a single campaign - I couldn't use data value change).

I had to set up two separate campaigns:

1) Batch campaign that if Demo Request = True add to list (List Name = Demo Request)

2) Trigger campaign that if added to Demo Request List then send a task to our Sales team.

For some reason I couldn't get a data value change parameter to work for the custom field which would make this process much smoother.