Re: How do I track direct sales interactions in Salesforce and lead score them in Marketo?

Samantha_Hardem
Level 1

How do I track direct sales interactions in Salesforce and lead score them in Marketo?

I am starting from the ground up with my organizations' Marketo nurture program(s) and I'm trying to determine how to track the frequency of sales emails, calls, and various direct touchpoints from my RSMs. Currently, we track statuses, open rates, CTOs, website activity, etc., mostly from Marketo sourced emails and we score based on various automatic scoring methods. I'm trying to track those sales conversations made NOT through Marketo and assign a lead score; example, direct messages, unique sales sequences, and/or calls. The main goal is to understand how often a prospect/lead is being interacted with (better tracking), how effective those direct sales interactions are, and how to assign a lead score.

Any suggestions for methods or integrations? 

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Jay_Jiang
Level 10

Re: How do I track direct sales interactions in Salesforce and lead score them in Marketo?

One way is to use a custom field to track lead status/stage across lead and contact objects (map them) and use a combination of manual updates + sales automation. Key stages will represent scoring milestones e.g. New Lead, Contacting, Junk Lead, Qualified, Nurturing, Opportunity, Customer, Lost

Another way is to set up predefined task subject lines so when sales people log tasks, they always choose one from the picklist allowing you to use the Activity is Logged trigger reliably with Subject Is... constraint

Marit
Level 1

Curious to learn how you have solved this!

We are running into the problem that tasks and calls in Salesforce can be triggered via “Activity is logged” in Marketo (so based on this we can set up scoring and interesting moments) but Email sent (out of outlook and saved via the SFDC plugin on the lead) cannot be triggered in Marketo.

Someone an idea how to solve this?