SOLVED

How do I set up a smartlist to send an email to someone who has "not been sent" an email?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

How do I set up a smartlist to send an email to someone who has "not been sent" an email?

Hi everyone,

Very new Marketo user here. I'd like to set up a smart list to send an email to a person who has not yet been sent that email before. When setting up the smartlist, I seem to only be able to find a filter for having "been sent" an email, but not the opposite for "has not been sent"

Does this filter exist? Has anyone ever tried something like this?

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Devraj_Grewal
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: How do I set up a smartlist to send an email to someone who has "not been sent" an email?

Jay,

Welcome to Marketo.

The inactivity filter for "was sent email" is "not was sent email", not "has not been sent". Make a note that the inactivity filters always begin with "Not".

More info: Use Inactivity Filters in a Smart List - Marketo Docs - Product Docs

As for sending the email, if you're using the smart list tab of a smart campaign or an email program, you can bring that filter into that tab. You won't need to create a new smart list asset.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Devraj_Grewal
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: How do I set up a smartlist to send an email to someone who has "not been sent" an email?

Jay,

Welcome to Marketo.

The inactivity filter for "was sent email" is "not was sent email", not "has not been sent". Make a note that the inactivity filters always begin with "Not".

More info: Use Inactivity Filters in a Smart List - Marketo Docs - Product Docs

As for sending the email, if you're using the smart list tab of a smart campaign or an email program, you can bring that filter into that tab. You won't need to create a new smart list asset.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Devraj!