SOLVED

Re: How do I send email to all leads where lead owner 's state is CA

Go to solution
Cliff_Kensinger
Level 1

How do I send email to all leads where lead owner 's state is CA

each of our leads has a "rep" (lead owner) field attached to it.  We have another field called "isRep" to show which of our records belongs to a rep (someone that owns leads).
I would like to send emails to all records where the lead owner's state is California.  How can I do that?

I do not want to add a lead owner state col. I am using this as an example. In reality  I will have other flows that set the status of a rep record 's column of sendClientEemails to yes or no.  So it is actually more like sending email to records where records' lead owner's  value of "sendClientEemails" email is "yes".

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Right, this concept of a "join" ain't gonna happen -- they're just fields that happen to store the same value, not a relationship.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
SanfordWhiteman

You can't filter leads by an arbitrary characteristic of another lead.

If I'm understanding your example, there's no real relationship between the leads, just a cosmetic coincidence where field rep on Lead A happens to have the same value as email on Lead B.

Cliff_Kensinger
Level 1

I think you are correct... just to illustrate what I am trying to communicate.

I would like to only send an email to records that have  a rep with a record that has a field called sendemailstoclients checked yes.

So only Jan and Mark would get an email. Paul and Ben would not.

Jan and Mark have a repemail value of Mark@mail.com    repemail Mark@mail.com email joins to  email on id 2 . id 2's sendemailstoclients value is Yes.

idnameemailcitystateisRepsendemailstoclientsreprepemailrepid
1jan janjan@mail.compierreSDNO mark markmark@mail.com25
2mark markmark@mail.comStocketonCAYESYESmark markmark@mail.com25
3paul paulpaul@mail.comRenoNVYESNOben benben@mail.com47
4ben benben@mail.com NO ben benben@mail.com47
SanfordWhiteman

Right, this concept of a "join" ain't gonna happen -- they're just fields that happen to store the same value, not a relationship.

Julz_James
Level 10

Do you have a 'Rep State' field.  The only way you could filter would be if you had that information on the lead record.  The other option would be to have a list of all the reps in CA, and then use those names/emails/ID's to create a Smart list 'Rep' contains (everyone is CA).