Re: How do I send different emails from a smart campaign depending on what they ticked in a form?

Anonymous
Not applicable

How do I send different emails from a smart campaign depending on what they ticked in a form?

Hi,

I'm trying to send an email to everyone who  says they are attending an event. I have a form which asks people to to tick if they are attending ot not therefore I would like to use a smart campaign to send an email to those who have only said they are attending.

The responses are still coming in so is there a way to trigger if someone has filled in a form or fills out a form that they receive the email with more information?

Thank you

Tags (2)
3 REPLIES 3
Priyank_Joshi3
Level 6

Re: How do I send different emails from a smart campaign depending on what they ticked in a form?

Hi Beth,

Include send email in your flow step of your smart campaign with choices, say Choice 1. if Attending Event = True send email A. If Attending event = False send email 2, default choice do nothing.

Make sure you are using the correct field on form and on campaign' flow step.

If you do not want to send any email to leads which have opted for not attending even you can remove choice 2.

Thanks

Priyank

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Beth,

You will have to create a triggered Smart Campaign that is set up the following way :

• Smart list
    • Trigger : fills out form [Your Event registration form]
  • Flow
    • Flow Step : send email with a "Choice" (click the add choice button on the top right of the flow step). Choice setup is:
      • If Attends the event = True (whatever you set in your form to capture that info -> send the detailed email
      • default : Do nothing

You can create variations on top of this, such as adding the registered lead in a program (use "Change Program Status" flow step), send an alert to someone internally, etc...

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

One other thing to note here, is if you have a very high level of variability in the form, then you can use a velocity script to change the content of the email:  Email Scripting » Marketo Developers