Re: How do I cross reference a list of companies with existing leads

Anonymous
Not applicable

How do I cross reference a list of companies with existing leads

I have a list of companies in excel for which I want to check relevant leads already in Marketo. Is there a way that I can do this in a more automated fasion that checking each company name individually?

I'd ideally like to create a smart list of leads that belong to these companies and filter our all "bounced" emails and irrelvant job titles. Does anyone have any ideas?
Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

Hey Arif,

If you have a list of company names, you can add these into the Multiple Value chooser for the 'Company Name' filter.  This is accessed by click the green plus sign.  The list will need to be separated by linebreaks for it to function properly.  You can then view a list of exisiting leads which match the names.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just keep in mind with that approach that you will need to break the list of company names up in to several blocks if the list is huge. I believe the max number of values you can have in a one block is around 2,000.
Depending on overall database size, the other way I've done this is to export the Marketo records and then do a match in excel using vlookup - the smartlist approach should be significantly faster though!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Another thought is strip the list of "Inc" or "The" or "Ltd", etc. so that you can use the "contains" option when filtering by Company Name. This will broaden the search, but be careful because it will include Companies not on the the list. Just depends on your approach. 
Conor_Fitzpatri
Level 6

Hi Arif,

Rather than company name I would suggest using company email domain since company names could be written in so mnay different ways. Therefore, your smart list would be email address contains @abccompany.com, @defcompany.com, etc.