How do I create an a/b test in an engagement program?

Anonymous
Not applicable

How do I create an a/b test in an engagement program?

I found some solved discussions but not sure which is best route for me. Some answers in the community: send create email child programright click on email to add test, or let smart campaign do 50/50.

My goal: I want to a/b test EVERY email in my engagement program, starting with just subject lines.

It seems that right clicking on each email to add the test is the easiest way to do this. Since I have 5000 ppl in my first cast, I figure that I can send the report to myself 2 days after the first cast, I'd have reached 10% sample size, then can select the champion. This assumes the engagement program will send the rest of the cast as soon as I decide the champion.

Am I correct? Is this the best way to do it? 

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How do I create an a/b test in an engagement program?

Hey Christine,

With engagement programs (unless something has been changed), you cannot create an email program child within the engagement program. That takes that option and the idea of "selecting the champion and sending to the rest of the cast" off the table.

The other two options, doing a smart campaign 50/50 send or right click on an email to add a test will both send the champion/challenger at the same time. After you see the results, you could choose a champion for future casts.

I'm not sure how your EP's are set up, but if they're set up within programs, then you must do the 50/50 smart campaign as the right-click champion/challenger tests won't work since these won't be triggered campaigns. If you have single emails dragged into your sends, then the standard champion/challenger tests are likely easiest -- although you have to do your own manual reporting on results because once you declare a champion the pretty chart showing results goes away.

Best of luck with this!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Dory - I just have single emails dragged into my engagement programs. So does this look right to you? Will this send the test out at the scheduled time of the cast, and if yes, do I manually pick the champion and when will the champion go out?

0EM50000000T4zQ.png
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Yes, this will work. I assume you have turned on and approved the Test itself?

Did you automate the champ status? I'm pretty sure you should come back in here in 4 weeks and select the champ and then a new challenger.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Christine, the only part I'm not sure about based on your descriptions is how you say "when will the champion go out?", because with Subject Line tests the whole cast will receive the test (either A or B) and at some point you declare a champion. Until the champion is declared, everyone will continue to receive either A or B when they're eligible for the email in a cast. 

This is different from the email programs where you set to send to a sample size, and then the winner is sent to the remainder of your eligible group.