SOLVED

Re: How do I add google analytics tracking code to an A/B landing page test group?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

How do I add google analytics tracking code to an A/B landing page test group?

Hi there,

Question - does anyone know how to add google analytics tracking to an A/B test group. I'm unsure whether everything on the page would appear under the same URL in analytics or if there's actually a way of splitting the two pages out. Ideally, I'd like to drill deeper into the metrics for the two test pages. At the moment when i use the reporting settings or Marketo landing pages I can only see total views and # of conversions. We'd like to be able to see unique, avg. time on page, etc.

Let me know if you have a solution - thanks!
Laura
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How do I add google analytics tracking code to an A/B landing page test group?

Laura,

I think the landing page "switching" is done server-side, so you would have to do something on the page itself to differentiate between the variations. Setting a custom variable or using event tracking may help.

You may want to also evaluate something like Visual Website Optimizer or Optimizely to help out with more detailed testing stats.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Michelle_Tizian
Level 10

I add the Google Analytics code in the landing page templates.  It's easier that way. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok thanks Michelle, but question on that - do you have to generate two different snippets for landing page A vs. landing page B?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Laura,

I think the landing page "switching" is done server-side, so you would have to do something on the page itself to differentiate between the variations. Setting a custom variable or using event tracking may help.

You may want to also evaluate something like Visual Website Optimizer or Optimizely to help out with more detailed testing stats.
Michelle_Tizian
Level 10

Hi Laura,

I think Jason's suggestion above might be more useful than what I suggested earlier for the items you want to track. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the suggestions!