SOLVED

How Do I Add Event Options to an Event Registration Form?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

How Do I Add Event Options to an Event Registration Form?

I'm setting up and event where there are multiple event registration options. There are 3 breakout sessions within this 1 day event and we want to capture a headcount for for each session within the event.

How do I add a check box for each session that then directs to either of the 3 smart lists I have setup for each session?

For Example the fields I want are

Name:

Email:

Company:

Which Sessions are you attending?

Session 1:

Session 2:

Session 3:

Tags (3)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How Do I Add Event Options to an Event Registration Form?

Hey Chris,

You will need to change the Field Type for the field capturing the session information to Checkboxes. This will allow them to select which session (even multiple sessions if that is an option). Then you can build your smart lists to pull in the respective values.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Chris,

You will need to change the Field Type for the field capturing the session information to Checkboxes. This will allow them to select which session (even multiple sessions if that is an option). Then you can build your smart lists to pull in the respective values.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Do I need to first create a field for each session in Field Management to be able to drop them into my form?

Anonymous
Not applicable

No, you can use one field to hold all of the data. When you change the Field Type to Checkboxes, the Values option becomes available. Here you can add the values for each session.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok I setup my checkboxes for my registration options field type. Do I need to setup a smart campaign or do I simply just need to setup and smart list for each session? How to I refer to the value of each session in the smart list or smart campaign?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Chris,

All the values will be stored in the same field, so you will need to create a smart list per session. The filter will be "Field X contains value for session 1". If the visitor can only select one session, then you can use "is", but if they can select more than one session, you will want to use contains. Only one smart campaign will be needed.

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Jeff is totally right.

But if you are going to setup complex events like this on a regular basis, I highly recommend Cvent or another option because Marketo can only do so much with custom fields before it is unmanageable. (no, I don't get paid by cvent).

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've already been used the checkboxes for the registration options field type for our event.

but, a part of the session became fully booked, I want to prevent customer from choosing check box.

I guess it is impossible to set up it.

So please expand the function.

Mieko (on befalf of Tsuyoshi)

Amanda_Thomas6
Level 9

Hi Mieko/ Tsuyoshi Watanabe

I think this is a great point; if something is filled up what do you do to prevent others from registering? Did you figure out a work around? Did you create an idea through products & support to simplify this? I'll vote for it!