Re: How Do I Add A UTM Code To A Landing Page

Anonymous
Not applicable

How Do I Add A UTM Code To A Landing Page

Hello,

We have a UTM code that needs to be added to a landing page already built. Can anyone explain how to do this? The tracking code includes:

UTM Source
UTM Medium
UTM Campaign

I've seen these fields on the forms we used - is that where they need to be added? Or is it elsewhere?
Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Andrew,

Are you looking to set the parameters on the landing or capture the URL parameters based on the referring site?

Here is how you would capture incoming URLs:

You would first need to create the three form fields (naming is not important but you would need one for Source, Medium, and Campaign) within your form and set them as hidden. To hide the fields, just change the “Field Type value to “Hidden”.

Click here for a tutorial by Marketo that is helpful for hiding fields.

To capture the URL parameters in those fields, you select the field from your CRM that stores the data in the “Field” drop down. Then click “Autofill Edit” and select the URL Parameter. That’s essentially it.

Click here for a tutorial by Marketo that is helpful in setting up the URL parameters for these fields.

Brandt

Anonymous
Not applicable

Also if a landing page is specific to a marketing campaign you can set the default values on the hidden utm form fields so that if a lead comes in without the strings on their URL that they are attributed to that campaign. -Jeff