SOLVED

Re: How can I update a SFDC task 'Type' in Marketo or SFDC?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

How can I update a SFDC task 'Type' in Marketo or SFDC?

Hello,

Does anyone know if it is possible to filter by task type in a Marketo smart list? I came across this similar question https://nation.marketo.com/message/172880-how-do-i-define-a-sfdc-task-type-when-created-from-a-mkto-... in Community, but it's not necessarily what I need.

Is there a way for me to create a SFDC workflow that updates a task's Subject line based on the task Type selected in SFDC? At least then, I will be able to filter through Subject line in Marketo. I am not a SFDC admin expert, so I would appreciate any SFDC admin help.

Thanks,

Shirleen

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Shirleen,

You are hitting the limitations of what Marketo can really do with SFDC activities (see Marketo / salesforce integration needs a serious overhaul, don't you "sync"? ). The type field is not available on Marketo side and cannot be used to filter.

So you need to get to a workaround, which is adding the information you are looking for to a field that is present, such as the activity subject. For this, you will need a SFDC workflow or process builder, indeed, but Marketo community is not the place to teach you how to do this (it is not a 2 minutes thing, BTW). Look at Salesforce Trailhead, there are a lot of resources there to help you.

-Greg

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Shirleen,

You are hitting the limitations of what Marketo can really do with SFDC activities (see Marketo / salesforce integration needs a serious overhaul, don't you "sync"? ). The type field is not available on Marketo side and cannot be used to filter.

So you need to get to a workaround, which is adding the information you are looking for to a field that is present, such as the activity subject. For this, you will need a SFDC workflow or process builder, indeed, but Marketo community is not the place to teach you how to do this (it is not a 2 minutes thing, BTW). Look at Salesforce Trailhead, there are a lot of resources there to help you.

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Greg! This is very helpful information.