SOLVED

How can I sync past unsubscribes into SFDC?

Go to solution
Michelle_Poulio
Level 1

How can I sync past unsubscribes into SFDC?

Hi!  We are a newer Marketo customer and have realized that our SFDC was blocking Marketo unsubscribes from syncing with the email opt-out field in SFDC.  We've since undone the block and new unsubscribes are being reflected on the SFDC contact record.  Now how do I go back and get all the unsubscribes that happened before this fix to sync into SFDC?  TIA!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Grant_Booth
Level 10

Re: How can I sync past unsubscribes into SFDC?

I recommend a campaign to reset the field value.

Smart List:

Unsubscribed = true

Flow:

Change Data Value 'Unsubscribed' -> false

Change Data Value 'Unsubscribed' -> true

That would take everyone who is currently unsubscribed, switch to false and then back to true. That should cause the true value to sync up to SFDC for all of those records. HOWEVER, make sure you do this at a time when you are absolutely positive there are no email campaigns going out. It would be bad news.

Grant

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Grant_Booth
Level 10

I recommend a campaign to reset the field value.

Smart List:

Unsubscribed = true

Flow:

Change Data Value 'Unsubscribed' -> false

Change Data Value 'Unsubscribed' -> true

That would take everyone who is currently unsubscribed, switch to false and then back to true. That should cause the true value to sync up to SFDC for all of those records. HOWEVER, make sure you do this at a time when you are absolutely positive there are no email campaigns going out. It would be bad news.

Grant

Keith_Nyberg2
Level 9 - Champion Alumni

Grants solution works but will also reset your unsubscribe date (if you use that field). So be sure to disable the campaign appending the unsubscribe timestamp if you dont want those values corrupted.  Another method would be to pull a list of unsubscribes from Marketo and do an import/mass update or similar to append the unsubscribe field in SFDC.