SOLVED

Re: How can I store multiple values on one email address, with multiple opportunities

Go to solution
Mihai_Bejgu
Level 3

How can I store multiple values on one email address, with multiple opportunities

Hey,

I have a pretty challenging situation:

I have created some custom fields that should store business numbers for some of our clients, that would be used in a monthly business review newsletter.

The trick is, that there are Contacts in our DB, that have multiple opportunities associated to the same email address, but I need to send out individual newsletters with the corresponding opportunity numbers, to the same email address.

Ex:

abc@domain.com, has 3 oppies attached:

-  www.domain.co.uk

-  www.domain.io

-  www.domain.ca

How can I send all emails at once, for each oppy, to abc@domain.com, without ovewriting the numbers. I would need another unique identifier besides the email address.

Note.

- I cannot create more fields to store the numbers, as I already have a lot more than Marketo can support to be used as tokens.

- sending the email on different times is not the best case scenario as we would have to recreate 100 campaigns for this

Kind regards,

Mihai

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Re: How can I store multiple values on one email address, with multiple opportunities

Hi Mihail,

On the second question, just because it made more sense to use a first name that I new it exists

Yes, the fields need to be created in the opportunity object, but since they are opportunity fields, they can only be created and populated in SFDC. Then they will flow back to Marketo through the sync.

If you cannot populate them in SFDC, for whatever reason, then there is really no simple solution. You will have to use Marketo custom objects and populate them by import or with some API calls, the you will be abel to use email scripts to populate the emails.

-Greg

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

HI Mihai,

Velocity Script tokens may help you there.

-Greg

Mihai_Bejgu
Level 3

Hi Michael,

Can you please be more specific?

Kind regards,

Mihai

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Mihal,

I am not Michael

See Email Scripting » Marketo Developers

-Greg

Mihai_Bejgu
Level 3

I'm sorry for the confusion, Greg

Looking at the script I'm still not very sure how this can solve my issue.

If I have the below table, how can I store these different values corresponding to each opportunity (to the same fields) and using the same email address? I personally didn't see this in the Velocity email scripts (but maybe I'm not looking right)

Email AddressOpportunity NameVar 1Var 2Var 3Var 4…Var "n"
email1@domain.comOpp112345678912234
email1@domain.comOpp2980876765654432
email1@domain.comOppn7665454243216732137
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Mihail,

You do not need to store the values in the lead, use just use the opportunity data directly in the email with the script.

-Greg

Mihai_Bejgu
Level 3

Now it's starting to make more sense, But I need to re-create these fields at the opportunity object, right?

If I do so, can I prevent these fields to be synced in Salesforce? THat is another requirement I need to have in mind.

Many thanks for your patience and support

By the way, how did you figure out my full name is Mihail, instead of Mihai (that is used in marketo)?

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Mihail,

On the second question, just because it made more sense to use a first name that I new it exists

Yes, the fields need to be created in the opportunity object, but since they are opportunity fields, they can only be created and populated in SFDC. Then they will flow back to Marketo through the sync.

If you cannot populate them in SFDC, for whatever reason, then there is really no simple solution. You will have to use Marketo custom objects and populate them by import or with some API calls, the you will be abel to use email scripts to populate the emails.

-Greg

Mihai_Bejgu
Level 3

Thank you Greg. Very usefull info. Have a nice day