Re: How can I represent my integer numbers with commas to separate numbers?

Anonymous
Not applicable

How can I represent my integer numbers with commas to separate numbers?

I'm using a mail merge with an integer as the field type for the token. It's pulling in the data from Salesforce where the commas to separate the 1000s are appearing fine. Unfortunately with the pulling into Marketo, the commas are gone and it appears like a plain string of numbers i.e. 123432 instead of 123,432. Thanks!
Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Check this out; if you're not code inclined may need to have your web dev check it out for you:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1990512/add-comma-to-numbers-every-three-digits-using-jquery
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jason can you explain more how this would work in an email?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unfortunately Integer type fields do not have commas.  You would need to use a Float type field for this.  You should be able to change the type of your existing field in Field Management.

0EM50000000Qabd.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable

So... it's 2015 and I'm having the same problem... 🙂 Really need to use the thousand comma separator as we'd like to use tokens to pull fields with 4 to 10 digits numbers. Our email are looking sloppy without the comma separator (1,223,333 looks a lot better and is a way more legible than 1223333).

I have changed the field from 'Integer' to 'Float' and it still doesn't work. I have test importing these fields as 'text' and 'number' on the csv file and it didn't work either way.

Hope someone can help!

Cheers,

Maísa

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've got an answer for this and I can confirm that Float can't translated the thousand comma separator on emails. The correct field type must be 'String'.

The values will need to be converted as text on Excel, and you might need to use the formula below to add the commas: =TEXT(B2,"#,###,###")

Cheers,

Maísa