Re: How can I find assets that contain a certain URL?

Frank_Geldof1
Level 4

How can I find assets that contain a certain URL?

Hi Everyone,

After browsing the community but not able to find a sufficient answer I am reaching out for your insights.

We have email and landing pages that contain links that are pointing to URLs outside of Marketo. Some of these URLs are pointing to our website. In order to improve the SEO of our website we want to make some changes to our content, navigation and URLs.

Q: Is there a way to easily find all assets that contain a certain URL that has been updated?

We have experimented with redirect but this breaks the utm parameters we have added to the URLs so we would like to replace the full link and possibly the anchor text.

Thanks for your insights!

- Frank

/// Frank
3 REPLIES 3
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Frank,

No, there is no way from Marketo to do this. But in your analytics tool, you might be able to get the lists of referrers and filter them to keep only those that are Marketo LP'S.

Once you have the pages, you can search in the code for the LP ID, then you will be able to get into Marketo to the page. The URL has this format :

https://[pod name].marketo.com/#LP(IDGoesHere)A1LA1

The limit is that the LPID is available in the LP only if the LP has a form. In this case, the form will have a hidden field:

<input type="hidden" name="lpId" value="XXXX" /> where XXXX is your LPID

-Greg

Frank_Geldof1
Level 4

Hi Grégoire,

Thanks for your response. Unfortunately your solution will work for Marketo Landing pages.  I wish it would be possible to easily find URLs (Marketo LP's and External URLs) in Email assets.

I guess we will need to go back to the old fashioned 'find and replace'. Next time it might be wiser to use tokens.

Thanks again,

Frank

/// Frank
Vinay_Kumar
Level 9 - Community Advisor

Hi @Frank_Geldof1, I guess there is no way in Marketo to do so. You have to audit the assets for the links or you can use the clicked link or visited webpage option to filter the leads and then check their activity details for the asset name they have clicked on.