Re: How can I find a custom object in Marketo that I created using a third party API?

Anonymous
Not applicable

How can I find a custom object in Marketo that I created using a third party API?

Hi Marketo,

I have created REST API in my local system that is creating Custom Objects in Marketo. I am able to describe the objects through my local codebase, but I am not able to find that in Marketo. Where can I find it? Could you please help?

Note: I have used the REST API JAVA code in Marketo Website. Could you please have a look on the response json string when we are describing the objects:

{"requestId":"17f06#15514cf5fdf",

"result":

[{"seq":0,

"marketoGUID":"4f1fcc6d-82d2-46a2-aa20-58d08f79a872",

"testField":"test2",

"externalopportunityid":"Opportunity1TestUpsert",

"name":"customupsert"

},

{"seq":1,

"marketoGUID":"e22ce9ff-a4d8-4f5e-8325-08ceb8bd1153",

"testField":"test1",

"externalopportunityid":"Opportunity1Test1",

"name":"CustObj1"

}],

"success":true}

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How can I find a custom object in Marketo that I created using a third party API?

I have used the Java code from the folllowing link for creating the Third Party API:

http://developers.marketo.com/documentation/custom-api/createupdateupsert-custom-objects/

Anonymous
Not applicable

Are you trying to see them in the Marketo UI?

Right now, you will only be able to see the custom objects in the Marketo UI if they are connected in some way to a person's record in Marketo. If you are creating standalone objects, those won't be visible. That's because Marketo is a database of people and every other object in Marketo (activities, accounts, etc.) are all visible from the person's record. Are you putting something in your request to make sure that they're attached to a person's record?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Could you please go through the following text and images so that you can be able to understand what we have done in Marketo Custom Objects?

We have created a custom object in Marketo named "NewObj1". Enabled the "Show in lead details" switch. The object has 6 fields and 3 records in it. It seems that it is a list. But we are not able to see the list on the Marketo UI. But from our custom Java code we are able to do the update, delete, create etc activities on these records. I wish the screenshots may give you a better idea of my problem.img1.JPGimg2.JPGimg3.JPGimg4.JPG

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the detail. When you select "show in UI", this is only enabling the ability for you to see the custom object from the person's record in Marketo. It will create a new tab on the person's record that has a dropdown for you to select the custom object name and then view objects related to that person. If you don't create a connection between the custom object and a person, you will not be able to see it.