SOLVED

How can I define program success for a new Email Program?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

How can I define program success for a new Email Program?

I'm setting up my first email program with the new program and channel, but I can't add a smart campaign to my program to define program success. I'm sending an email with a CTA to download a whitepaper, and I need to set up a smart campaign to update leads that download the whitepaper with a success status, score bump, interesting moment, sfdc campaign, etc. Is that doable?

Right now when I right click on the program and go to add a smart campaign, I only have the option to add it to a campaign folder, not my program.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!
Kristen
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How can I define program success for a new Email Program?

Hey Kristen. When you right click on the Email Program, instead of Choosing Smart Campaign, instead choose Local Asset - Smart Campaign and it'll put it inside the program.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Kristen. When you right click on the Email Program, instead of Choosing Smart Campaign, instead choose Local Asset - Smart Campaign and it'll put it inside the program.
Anonymous
Not applicable

As per as your desired outcomes, it does not really matter where your smart campaign will reside. I added such smart campaigns related to my Email programs beside that program in the same folder. And it works just as good. Thus functionally there is no difference.

Chris_Willis1
Level 8 - Champion

Does the email program require a child smart campaign to mark program success?  
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the responses!

Adam - that worked perfectly, thank you 🙂
Veronica_Holme4
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Hi Chris,

Yes it does. Marketo gives you a dashboard that will show deliverability, clicks and opens, but it does not know which of these you consider a success. That's set as part of the program channel. So you need to tell Marketo, using a smart campaign that updates the Program Status, that someone has completed an activity that qualifies as a success.