How can I change the follow up page based on a form field selection?

Anonymous
Not applicable

How can I change the follow up page based on a form field selection?

I would like to be able to change the Follow Up page based on the selection of a form field in my marketo field.
For example if they choose 1-5 as an option, they would go to follow up page 1. If they choose 6 or more they would go to follow up page 2. Help!

Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: How can I change the follow up page based on a form field selection?

This is much the same principle I demonstrated here.

In the onSuccess, read out the form fields again and then change the Thank You page URL accordingly.

Note that demo goes back and queries the HTML <FORM> element because I wanted access to the labels for easier interpretation.  You could also used the passed variable form.values to just get the values.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Dave,

I know its quite late, but I have been recently using Marketo and came across this query now

I faced a similar situation recently and was able to come up with a solution. So, here it is:

In the Form editor, go to Form Settings -> Settings. There you will be able to see a ThankYou Page section at the bottom.

You can very well choose the Add-Choice option there, which for your case will be (lets say Choose is your field label):

Choice 1

If 'Choose'[select field here (as a dropdown, will be one of the fields you have used in your form)]  IS '1-5'[select your value here]

Follow up with: Select either Stay on Page OR External URL OR Landing Page and provide the URLs accordingly for follow-up page 1.

Follow up with: Select either Stay on Page OR External URL OR Landing Page and provide the URLs accordingly for follow-up page 2.

I have attached a screenshot for your reference, hope it solves your query.Screen Shot 2016-03-16 at 5.37.27 PM.png

Thanks !

Regards,

-Prabash.

Anonymous
Not applicable

And once you are done setting this, when you use the Form in your Landing Page, select 'Form Defined' as the follow-up action

Regards,

-Prabash.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

This won't work with all field types and matching/grouping logic, though.  And it gets clumsy with value ranges. Overall a JS solution is more flexible.

Andy_Varshneya1
Level 9

Yup, that's if you're using Forms 2.0 otherwise you're dependent on some coding, like what Sanford Whiteman has built out a template for.