SOLVED

Re: How can I allow sales reps to see when a lead/contact has been marked Marketing Suspended?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

How can I allow sales reps to see when a lead/contact has been marked Marketing Suspended?

I'm not seeing that Marketing Suspeneded is linked to SFDC.  Can someone advise where I can have my reps look at this value in SFDC. 

I know you can see it via the Marketo details page and by logging in interesting moment, but I'd like something in the SFDC layout.  Is is possible to map it over to a custom field?
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Re: How can I allow sales reps to see when a lead/contact has been marked Marketing Suspended?

Hi Lyssette, we have a field in SFDC for email invalid and marketing suspended to provide insight for the sales team, but we had to create them ourselves. I created the fields in SFDC and then created both a batch and triggered campaign to mark current and future records as email invalid or marketing suspended. In SFDC it is a read-only field so that people don't think that they can change whether or not the box is checked.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Valerie_Armstro
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

I don't believe that the Marketo Marketing Suspended field maps to SFDC.  The alternative would be to create a smart campaign that would update a SFDC custom field you create (i.e. Suspended in Marketo...so you can differentiate easily between the two in Marketo) any time the Marketing Supsended value changes.
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Hi Lyssette, we have a field in SFDC for email invalid and marketing suspended to provide insight for the sales team, but we had to create them ourselves. I created the fields in SFDC and then created both a batch and triggered campaign to mark current and future records as email invalid or marketing suspended. In SFDC it is a read-only field so that people don't think that they can change whether or not the box is checked.

Hope this helps!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your quick replies.

That was my next step, it just felt like a hack.  Wanted to see if there was a way to do it with out the extra fields.

Thanks!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Lyssette, 

Support has a tool that will sync existing Mkto fields with newly created SFDC fields to help with situations like these. I created a Marketing Suspend field and had support sync it. I would explore that option before creating new fields, but Dory and Val's method would work as well. I have a process like that running because there was an issue with the tool, but I think everything is working as it should now.