Re: How can a Sync Accounts/Contacts to Marketo Instead of Leads

Anonymous
Not applicable

How can a Sync Accounts/Contacts to Marketo Instead of Leads

It seems that Marketo only syncs with our Salesforce leads and there is no way to sync contacts.  I'd like to have a smart list that auto pulls every contact I add  to Salesforce but I only see options to sync up leads that are added. 

This would be much more preferrable since we use accounts much more heavily then leads. 
Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Scott - Marketo does sync with Leads, Contacts, and Accounts. Work with your SFDC admin to make sure the Marketo User has access to view all of those objects.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are you observing this behavior or basing it on the fact that Marketo has a "Sync Lead to SFDC" flow action, but not a "Sync Contact to SFDC" flow action?  If so, don't be misled by the name of the flow action "Sync Lead to SFDC" syncs the Marketo leads to SFDC Lead and Contact records.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the responses.  

Okay, so I am being mislead by the flow action.  Our contacts are being added to Marketo.  So a better questions; wher are they going?  I can find them in the "All Leads" list but how can a create a smart lis or lead list that captures all of the contacts coming from SFDC?
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you want a list that only contains contacts, use the filter "SFDC Type equals Contact." When you say you only want those that are "Coming From" SalesForce, you may want to also add the filter, "Original Source Type contacts salesforce"
Anonymous
Not applicable

Marketo normally does not create Contacts - it normally only creates Leads, but it will update existing Contact records.  You can create a SFDC Contact History report that uses the "editted by Marketo Synch" filter (or whatever SFDC user name you use for Marketo updates) to see the updates that Marketo has done to those field for which you track history in SFDC.