Re: How are you combating differences in email analytics between Marketo and Domo?

Jen_Dugosh1
Level 1

How are you combating differences in email analytics between Marketo and Domo?

We are using DOMO as our one-stop reporting tool. We have connected DOMO and Marketo but when we pull email performance report in Marketo we see very different numbers than what we see in DOMO. We're told by Marketo Support it's because of Marketo's algorithm. DOMO is taking raw data logs from API connection while Marketo's algorithm is doing the following:

1. Reporting unique clicks <> DOMO gets all clicks
  2. Marketo is giving best interpretation of truth and filtering out bots/server clicks <> DOMO gets all clicks
  3. Marketo is drawing inferences based on behavior. So if someone clicked but didn't open, Marketo is counting that as an open. If someone unsubscribes, but did not open, Marketo is counting that as an open <> DOMO is only getting raw data so if there wasn't an actual open it is not in DOMO

How are DOMO users combating this?

5 REPLIES 5
datadiva
Level 1

Re: How are you combating differences in email analytics between Marketo and Domo?

Hi,

I am also struggling with this piece.  Have you been able to successfully get the numbers from the API that Domo hits to match the numbers in the Marketo Email Performance Report?

melissajohn
Level 1

I'm having the same issues where the reports from Domo are not matching Marketo. Did you ever figure out the issue?

David_Dugan3
Level 2

I'm struggling with this as well. I'm even getting very different Sent #s.

data_diva
Level 1

Domo has updated their DataSet via Email Connector.  This can now ingest datasets that are links.  Additionally, since I struggled with this, Marketo has added attachments to emails.  Either way works and you get matching numbers for reporting.  I advise using the DataSet via Email Connector and not the Marketo API.

David_Dugan3
Level 2

Thanks. It's good to know about that option in Domo. Have you tried this with RCE? I just tried it and the data is not readable. It may be because RCE can only send an xls file as an attachment and that file has merged cells.