SOLVED

How are people treating content syndication leads in Marketo?

Go to solution
Colin_Mann
Level 5

How are people treating content syndication leads in Marketo?

We tend to add them to email nurture tracks using an engagement program but to pass them over to our telemarketing agents in SFDC relatively quickly e.g. after just one email touch point (occasionally more depending on the quality of the leads from the content syndication vendor).

We are involved in B2B technology/telecoms marketing.

I am curious to hear the experience of other people and to discuss Best Practice from day-to-day experience rather than just the theoretical Best Practice.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How are people treating content syndication leads in Marketo?

We've adopted an approach that If it's an A or B rated lead through our predictive analytics tool, the lead is passed right away to our SDR team.  If it's a C or D, we add to an engagement campaign for additional nurturing.

This approach works best if the SDRs use this as an opening to build a relationship as opposed to attempting to set up a sales call. Offering that we have additional related content on a similar topic.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

We've adopted an approach that If it's an A or B rated lead through our predictive analytics tool, the lead is passed right away to our SDR team.  If it's a C or D, we add to an engagement campaign for additional nurturing.

This approach works best if the SDRs use this as an opening to build a relationship as opposed to attempting to set up a sales call. Offering that we have additional related content on a similar topic.

Colin_Mann
Level 5

Yes that's a good approach. We used a similar model for a while scoring A1 through to D3 based on demographic and behavioural criteria and then handling the data appropriately i.e. passing them over or nurturing them. I think your approach is a good one - we haven't got to the stage of predictive analytics and data yet but we will!

I fully agree with the idea of using content syndication as a means of starting a nurturing process - we have just built SLAs and a prioritisation model with our lead agents and have asked them to treat this tactic as nurturing in their calls i.e. not 5 calls and then done but building up a relationship over time.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Would love to hear the specifics on how you are integrating with the content syndicating vendor, i.e. what best practices are you utilizing.  Are you merely providing them with a unique Marketo form for each content syndication vendor you use and pulling in appropriate leads this way?  I'm assuming in conjunction with this integration, you have created a new channel for content syndication that when a lead is created that is stage and when the lead has engaged further, it would be designated as "success".  Is this how you are doing it?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Love this question. Would look forward to hearing from others @nation