Hiding a submit button on a form

Kathryn_Langema
Level 2

Hiding a submit button on a form

Has anyone selectively hidden the submit button on a form?

I have visibility rules set up to show specfic questions or messages depending on the value selected for the initial field. For one of the options, I'm displaying a message with self-service links for the users to go to rather using our form.  For this message, I'd like to hide the submit button since we don't have any values to collect.

Thanks!
Kathryn
Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Hiding a submit button on a form

We don't really support this without custom code. You could in Javascript set the visibility on the button so it doesn't show up. Kind of a weird user experience though, so you probably want to be sure that's what you want.
Alok_Ramsisaria
Level 10

A way around for this can also be to hide the submit button by placing a rectangle over it on the landing page by adjusting the layer of the element(rectangle). This surely doesn't hide the Sumbit button in absolute terms, but it does hides the button from the user. 
Kathryn_Langema
Level 2

Thanks for the ideas.  I'd assumed I'd need custom javascript to hide the button but I don't have scripting knowhow to figure it out. Covering the submit button is an interesting way of hiding but I assume I'd still have to accompany this with javascript to honor the visibility rules. 

I know it seems like odd behaviour but the form I'm creating is for managing general website inquiries and, depending on the inquiry-type, we have visibility set to ask additional inquiry-specific questions.  One inquiry-type is for job applicants. Rather than the marketing department being the middle person, it makes the most sense for us to redirect those users to our two recruiting subsites, job application form and the recruiting group's direct email. (this is the typical canned email message we send to anyone asking about a job, after a marketing person has a chance to read/process their email in the general inbox.)
Colby_Dix
Level 5

I'd love to hear if anyone has had success with the javascript on this request. I am in the same situation and would love to hide the submit button unless conditions are met with the form. Thanks to any and all who might be of assistance!
ooooh shiny.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have maybe similar issue, I want to show a Download button to known user when he visit the page, and am using the smartness in the form :), but also my main issue is to remove the submit button totally.
I dont use landing pages from marketo since they are not responsive yet...