SOLVED

Hide Custom SFDC fields from Campaign object?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hide Custom SFDC fields from Campaign object?

Hi Community!

I'm going through and hiding fields left and right in our marketo instance that do not need to be there. I'm reviewing the fields in SFDC on the campaign that are syncing to marketo and I believe there's a few that can be hidden. I'm looking around on the documentation and I'm curious - do custom fields in Salesforce sync over to Marketo? If so, does hiding them work the same way was with the opportunity object (just hide it from the marketo use in SF)?

Thanks,

Kelly

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

Re: Hide Custom SFDC fields from Campaign object?

Marketo will not sync any custom fields for Campaign or Campaign Members, so you won't see any difference in performance from it, but it is always good practice to hide fields from users where they won't be necessary.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

Marketo will not sync any custom fields for Campaign or Campaign Members, so you won't see any difference in performance from it, but it is always good practice to hide fields from users where they won't be necessary.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Kenny,

Sorry for the long response time. I had opened a case with Marketo on confirmation of this not too long after I posted it and they gave me a different answer initially. After it was escalated to t2 (I had several questions... ), the response I got back is inline with yours:

Custom fields on the campaign member object will not sync to marketo. Only custom fields on the Lead, Opportunity, Account, and Contact object will sync to Marketo for use.

Thanks for confirming what I was seeing!

Kelly