SOLVED

Hi Marketo users

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Marketo users

My company is new to Marketo. What are some of your favorite features, or tips/tricks that would be good to know as we are getting started? 
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Hi Marketo users

I agree with both Kim and Kristen!

On naming strategies, I'd recommend putting the date in there - it won't pull in reports, so it helps enormously to have the date as pat of your naming convention.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Community is going to be your best resource for guides and how-to's for everything to get you started. (See the university tab first).

Importing programs and templates will help you get things up and running in no time, and include all best practices you need to know.

Also, be sure to take advantage of the support team. They are super helpful and can help you with any/all integration issues.
Kim_Allen
Level 10

I agree with Kristen, the community and Marketo support are great!

I'd also clearly map out your startegies and naming conventions and folder structures if you can. Or else you'll be like 5 months in and realize you need some system and you'll have to go back and work on it.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree with both Kim and Kristen!

On naming strategies, I'd recommend putting the date in there - it won't pull in reports, so it helps enormously to have the date as pat of your naming convention.
Michelle_Tizian
Level 10

The ability to do the following:
- clone programs is a big time saver!
- ability to archive old campaigns
- the Abort Campaign button when you need to stop an active campaign.  
- I like the ability to merge leads.
- sync a program to an SFDC campaign. 
-I love the new engagement program because you can easily set it up and create streams based on your lead's buying cycle.
- Easily do an A/B test on emails and landing pages.
- It's so easy to create forms and landing pages without having to use a designer.
- You can import programs (like scoring programs) and download new templates from templates.marketo.com (responsive email templates and landing pages).

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you! This is great info and I appreciate you sharing.