Re: Help with Webhook for Anonymous sync w/ SFDC import

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

I have a campaign set up in which I select a specific user to test on in the smart list.  The flow step calls the webhook.  I go into the Schedule screen on that campaign and "Run Once".   No "Request Campaign" anywhere, and unclear where it would go...

Hoping I'm making a big mistake here that will set everything aright.

The Call Webhook flow step can only be used in a trigger campaign. 

But that doesn't mean you can't call it whenever you want (ad hoc).

It just means you need to have a Campaign is Requested trigger in the Smart List.

Then you can run a batch Request Campaign, or right-click on a lead in the lead db and go to Special » Request Campaign, etc.

David_Kaplan
Level 2

I'm not sure I ever would have figured out that the webhook needed to be called from a trigger campaign, especially since it allowed the call from a non-trigger campaign.  Wow!  New results - more descriptive messages in the activity log. I wasn't even getting a response code before.  I think we're getting closer!

When I tried it to the loopback endpoint, I got this:
Screenshot from 2020-05-27 14-35-22.png

When I tried to your test server, it seemed to work.  I got the expected 502.
Screenshot from 2020-05-27 14-40-48.png

SanfordWhiteman

The payload you sent me looks OK.

David_Kaplan
Level 2

Thank you, what do you make of the 404 with the loopback url (http://localhost/index.php/leadCapture/save)?

SanfordWhiteman

Thank you, what do you make of the 404 with the loopback url (http://localhost/index.php/leadCapture/save)?

I have a concern that your instance has this functionality (which is technically unsupported) accidentally turned off. This has happened off and on. I don't see any other problems with the payload, it still works for me on app-sj01.

David_Kaplan
Level 2

Any recommendations for how it would be best for me to proceed in this case?

SanfordWhiteman

You'd have to open a case — though don't necessarily expect a good answer.

Note you don't have to use /save via loopback (localhost). You can have a very simple external HTTP server that sends the payload back in on app-xxxx.marketo.com.  This always works because it's just like any form post, doesn't rely on Mkto having configured the localhost-to-localhost connection.  And this is still a lot easier than using the API.

David_Kaplan
Level 2

When the payload is sent back in, is it sent to https://app-xxxx.marketo.com/index.php/leadCapture/save ?  

In which case is this a bad sign?
Screenshot from 2020-05-28 15-10-00.png

SanfordWhiteman

That's expected, because it has to be a POST, not a GET.

David_Kaplan
Level 2

Ok cool.  I'll work on the proxy.  The part I'm confused about there is the ssl part of my nginx vhost configuration for the incoming and proxied information.  Any clues?  I'm sure I'll figure it out eventually.