SOLVED

Re: Help: Mass deleting leads

Go to solution
Kayleen_Can
Level 1

Help: Mass deleting leads

Hello,

I'm currently working on deleting a large amount of leads out of the Marketo database (we're removing b2c contacts and keeping b2b contacts). The goal is to stagger the deletes out to about 50k or so a night, but I'm having trouble figuring out how to get that exact number into a smart list/campaign without using too many specific filters to cut the numbers down. Does anyone know if there's a way to limit a query to a specific number of leads?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Devraj_Grewal
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Kayleen,

Run the leads through a smart campaign with the "Delete Lead" flow step. Add a choice condition of "Random sample is 10%" and the default choice is to "Do Nothing". This means that when leads run through, only 10% will be deleted. Repeat as necessary while gradually increasing the random sample percentage.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Devraj_Grewal
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Kayleen,

Run the leads through a smart campaign with the "Delete Lead" flow step. Add a choice condition of "Random sample is 10%" and the default choice is to "Do Nothing". This means that when leads run through, only 10% will be deleted. Repeat as necessary while gradually increasing the random sample percentage.

Chris_Johnston
Level 8

Alternatively, you could just create a master smart list with the B2C contacts, and then create random sample lists of about 50,000.

ie. 200,000 Contacts = 4 lists of 50,000

Then delete a different list of contacts each night. Below is a link that talks more about creating these lists.

Splitting target lists into 10% random samples

Kayleen_Can
Level 1

Thank you Chris! Really appreciate the extra break down.

Kayleen_Can
Level 1

Thank you Devraj, this is exactly what I was looking for!