SOLVED

Re: Help approving a template with HTML verification errors (duplicate 'ID')

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Help approving a template with HTML verification errors (duplicate 'ID')

I've built a new newsletter template that contains lots of "div class ="mktEditable" id=""" fields which work during testing. But when I attempt to approve the template, I get an error message that it cannot be approved because of HTML verification errors (duplicate 'ID'). I've used the "validate html" feature and found a few issues, but nothing related to the ID field.

I've double and triple checked that there are no id= fields that are duplicated.

Or is the duplicate 'id' error something related to something different?

Thanks,
Courtney

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Courtney,

In addition to search for all the ID=, search also for all the mktEditable classes. I have seen this error happening with missing IDs.

Also, remove all unecessary IDs (the ones that are not placed on a mktEditable tag) and avoid css styles on ID's, prefer classes.

-Greg

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

Do you have any duplicate name= parameters?

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Courtney,

In addition to search for all the ID=, search also for all the mktEditable classes. I have seen this error happening with missing IDs.

Also, remove all unecessary IDs (the ones that are not placed on a mktEditable tag) and avoid css styles on ID's, prefer classes.

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you! I went through and made sure that there were no mktEditable classes that didn't have associated IDs.

I did find that the HTML includes id="backgroundTable" within many of the table settings, meaning it was used multiple times.

That worked - I was able to approve the template.

Thanks again.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm still getting the same error message after following all your suggestions.

Does anyone have other ideas? Here's my code: http://pastebin.com/6zrPhPW7

Thanks!

Pavel_Plachky
Level 5

Hi Flora,

I am not sure I can help you with your ID question, but looking at the end of the HTML you posted, I noted two things that you should resolve:

1. having JavaScript in HTML email is going to flag errors in email clients. You should not use JavaScript in emails.

2. The unsubscribe link has a specific value for Marketo token, which means it will unsubscribe always the same person. You should replace the string

mkt_tok=3RkMMJWWfF9wsRomrfCcI63Em2iQPJWpsrB0B%2FDC18kX3RUvJLSafkz6htBZF5s8TM3DWVVIXqBJ4kEAQrA%3D

with

mkt_tok=##MKT_TOK##

Best,

Pavel

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Flora,

id="cta3" is present 10 times in the code. same for id="content-table1", ...

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

I realize there other duplicates like "image5" as well. cleaning that up now. Thank you Greg!