Having a default value, that isn't selectable, in a select object for a form

Anonymous
Not applicable

Having a default value, that isn't selectable, in a select object for a form

Hello,
I am trying to add a default value to a form that would act as an instruction. The first option would be "Choose One" and then other options would be selectable. The field is required, and I would like it to alert the user that it is required, if the option is still set to "Choose One". The only options I have for the field values is a comma seperated list.
Thank you
Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Having a default value, that isn't selectable, in a select object for a form

Hi Stephen,
just sounds like a standard "Select" fieldtype which is set to required?

Best regards

Steffen
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Having a default value, that isn't selectable, in a select object for a form

Please see
http://www.marketingrockstarguides.com/marketo-forms-2-0-tutorial-1312/

and the other Forms 2.0 instructions.
https://community.marketo.com/MarketoArticle?id=kA050000000LHQqCAO

You need two separate items here:

1. Field set to Select as Steffen suggests. Click on Edit to choose the first value is "Choose One" You can select a default value below that.

You can click on the Advanced editor to drop in your list of values. Clicking back to the regular editor now displays the Display Value on the LEFT and Marketo Inserted Value on the RIGHT.

2. Set field to Required. this is under behavior on the right side of the screen.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Steffen and Josh for your feedback.

My form is Forms 1.0 so is it likely not possible unless I rebuild the form in Forms 2.0?

Thank you
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,
Just wondering if anyone has any ideas if this is possible in Forms 1.0?
Thanks!