SOLVED

Re: Has anyone taken Pedowitz's Advanced Training?

Go to solution
ChristinaZuniga
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Has anyone taken Pedowitz's Advanced Training?

I saw the Advanced Training at Summit (Marketo Next Training ) and management at my company is interested in having me attend. I'm concerned that it's a replay of some of the university trainings or I won't find value for a high sticker price ($1500). I'm MCE and the sole admin at my company, so my life is Marketo. Definitely have stuff to learn (workspaces, partitions, optimizations). Does anyone have feedback from the classes?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ChristinaZuniga

Denee Wilson​​ I just finished the training today, although I couldn't attend yesterday so I missed the nurture section. If you're considering signing up, I'd ask for the agenda from them. They provided me a list of things to go over every day and it really helped me to decide.

CONS

- Some things are barely a step above Foundations training which can be a bit frustrating. For example, I think Foundations includes visibility rules (on Forms) but they went over that which was a bit boring for me.

- The slides were very text heavy, when a lot of it needed visuals to help me understand. A good example is Custom Objects, the trainer was explaining using link type as a unique identifier. This would have really benefited from a visual. I'm still a bit unclear about how to set up the many to many vs. one to many.

- They provide you with a Sandbox instance login, but mine lacked access to a ton of areas even though I was assigned in-class projects to complete that I could not do without access. For example, creating a Custom Object with no access to it in their instance. I just went into my own instance, but it seemed strange to give an assignment and a login, but no way to complete that assignment based on the security level. If I wasn't a current customer with Admin access to my own instance, I wouldn't have been able to try out some of the assignments.

PROS

- If you have no experience with something on the agenda, this can be a great training! I haven't used Snippets before but want to implement them this year. Training on Snippets was awesome! I now have a good grasp on how to do it and ideas on where it could be implemented.

- They start on time. I hate when you log in and they wait 5-10 minutes for other people. The trainer was prompt, checked for questions often and gave specifics on her experience with different items including some interesting advice I hadn't thought of before.

- There were a good number of hands on activities, not just lecture. Especially toward the end of my training, the trainer as answering questions about specific set up from the audience and providing recommendations. It was nice to use her as a sounding board.

I'd say it all has to do with your level of experience specifically around the agenda. If you're unfamiliar / never used those items before, I'd recommend it. If you already know how to set it up and what it does, you might get a few nuggets of advice, but probably not worth the price.

Hope this helped!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Christina,

Did you attend the training? I'm trying to decide if it's worth the time and money to sign up. Any feedback?

Thanks,

Denee

ChristinaZuniga

Hi Denee Wilson​, I'm attending training this week, I'll check back into this thread at the end of the week to give you my thoughts

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you, Christina Zuniga​! I'm considering signing up for next week's training, so that is perfect.

ChristinaZuniga

Denee Wilson​​ I just finished the training today, although I couldn't attend yesterday so I missed the nurture section. If you're considering signing up, I'd ask for the agenda from them. They provided me a list of things to go over every day and it really helped me to decide.

CONS

- Some things are barely a step above Foundations training which can be a bit frustrating. For example, I think Foundations includes visibility rules (on Forms) but they went over that which was a bit boring for me.

- The slides were very text heavy, when a lot of it needed visuals to help me understand. A good example is Custom Objects, the trainer was explaining using link type as a unique identifier. This would have really benefited from a visual. I'm still a bit unclear about how to set up the many to many vs. one to many.

- They provide you with a Sandbox instance login, but mine lacked access to a ton of areas even though I was assigned in-class projects to complete that I could not do without access. For example, creating a Custom Object with no access to it in their instance. I just went into my own instance, but it seemed strange to give an assignment and a login, but no way to complete that assignment based on the security level. If I wasn't a current customer with Admin access to my own instance, I wouldn't have been able to try out some of the assignments.

PROS

- If you have no experience with something on the agenda, this can be a great training! I haven't used Snippets before but want to implement them this year. Training on Snippets was awesome! I now have a good grasp on how to do it and ideas on where it could be implemented.

- They start on time. I hate when you log in and they wait 5-10 minutes for other people. The trainer was prompt, checked for questions often and gave specifics on her experience with different items including some interesting advice I hadn't thought of before.

- There were a good number of hands on activities, not just lecture. Especially toward the end of my training, the trainer as answering questions about specific set up from the audience and providing recommendations. It was nice to use her as a sounding board.

I'd say it all has to do with your level of experience specifically around the agenda. If you're unfamiliar / never used those items before, I'd recommend it. If you already know how to set it up and what it does, you might get a few nuggets of advice, but probably not worth the price.

Hope this helped!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Great, great feedback Christina Zuniga​. I've requested the agenda and hope to make a decision based off the topics. If you run across any other helpful training resources, please share!

Thanks again,

Denee

ChristinaZuniga

Denee Wilson​,

Alejandra Mesta​ provides training classes as well and made an offer on this thread to give more information. Maybe reach out to her and see how comparable her offering is / topics covered are compared to Pedowitz?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Christina - Perkuto also provides training classes tailored to where you are at in Marketo knowledge. I'll send you an email to see if you want to discuss. Thanks! - Alejandra