Has anyone experienced their emails coming through with a loss of formatting?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Has anyone experienced their emails coming through with a loss of formatting?

Our emails have recently been coming through to our inboxes with a loss of formatting. When I send a test to my Gmail account they come through fine though. I know this is something that is being caused on our end but we can't seem to pin point it. Has anyone else experienced this and know of anything we can do to fix this? Or have any ideas of what could be causing this? It just randomly started happening, they would come through perfect before.
Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Nora_Slattery3
Level 4

Re: Has anyone experienced their emails coming through with a loss of formatting?

Hi Amanda,

In my organisation we ran into an issue similar to this. It was sporadic and didn't seem to affect all emails but was not limited to our marketo emails either. It occasionally happened when clients were emailing me for example but I couldn't find a trend/reason.

We spent a fair bit of time working to fix the problem and checking different settings locally, as I'm sure you have already. My trouble shooting recommendations are:
 - Check your machine's email client to see it's not set to rip out HTML
 - Check your mail server to make sure it isn't set to rip out HTML
 - Check your anti-spam / anti-virus for the same thing

In our case all of these didn't work and we contacted our ISP directly. It took a bit of digging but they were the issue all along and couldn't seem to resolve the issue. Once we moved ISPs it stopped happening all together. So that was our resolution after about a year to trying other avenues!

If this is something specific to your marketo emails I recommend checking all those settings within your organisation then contacting support.

Warm regards,
Nora

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Has anyone experienced their emails coming through with a loss of formatting?

Hi Amanda,

In my experience, something as simple as an update to Microsoft Outlook can cause these issues. This explains why your email may look great in web based email clients, but not in Outlook. There are some best practices in coding emails that will resolve this and provide consistent results across all clients in even the most complex layouts. If you'd like to send me an example, I'd be more than happy to take a quick look at the code and see if anything stands out - ryanm@pedowitzgroup.com.

Best regards,
Ryan
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you both for your recommendations! I have passed along to our IT department. And Ryan I just sent you an email with some examples.

Thanks again for both of your help!

Amanda