SOLVED

Re: Guided Landing Pages in Internet Explorer

Go to solution
Megan_Reed1
Level 4

Guided Landing Pages in Internet Explorer

I just began downloading and using the Guided Landing Pages. They are very easy, which is awesome for someone like me with only basic HTML knowledge. The only problem I see is that they are displaying differently depending on the browser. It looks great in Chrome and Firefox, but IE causes the logo to look pixelated and a arrow image from Design Studio to almost disappear.

Can anyone shed light on what's causing the issues in IE? I've attached a couple of screenshots as examples and here's a link to the page: IT Budget Review .

Thank you in advance for any insights!

Sincerely,
Megan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

Hi Megan,

It looks like IE is ignoring your CSS rule of box-sizing:initial which would set it to content-box, so it is inheriting box-sizing:border-box from your bootstrap.min.css  stylesheet.  It looks like it should work if you change the rule on line 142 of your template from this:

.mktoForm * {

box-sizing:initial;

}

To this:

.mktoForm * {

box-sizing:content-box;

}

I'm no CSS expert, so I'm not really sure why IE would be ignoring this, but that appears to be the issue.  content-box is the default box-sizing setting, so it should work across browsers, but be sure to test it out first.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

Hi Megan,

It looks like IE is ignoring your CSS rule of box-sizing:initial which would set it to content-box, so it is inheriting box-sizing:border-box from your bootstrap.min.css  stylesheet.  It looks like it should work if you change the rule on line 142 of your template from this:

.mktoForm * {

box-sizing:initial;

}

To this:

.mktoForm * {

box-sizing:content-box;

}

I'm no CSS expert, so I'm not really sure why IE would be ignoring this, but that appears to be the issue.  content-box is the default box-sizing setting, so it should work across browsers, but be sure to test it out first.

Megan_Reed1
Level 4

Thanks for the suggestion Kenny. I made the edit (I believe - please check the code) and it didn't seem to work. Any other ideas?

Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

It looks like it's working to me, now:

IE Form.png

Are you sure you've refreshed the page since the change?

Megan_Reed1
Level 4

Hi Kenny - Yes, that fixed part of the issues I was seeing. The form is better.

I apologize for not clarifying before but the arrow image on the left hand side where it says "How do the costs...complexity? Sign up now" there should be an arrow after the sign up now that displays in Chrome and Firefox, but not IE. Any ideas on that one?