Re: GoToWebinar integration

Cliff_Lin
Level 1

GoToWebinar integration

My company is using GTW form for registration. I tested the form and filled with a test account but nothing shows up in the program. Does the leads come back after the webinar is over? If that's the case, will it only send people who's attended, or will it include people that filled out the form but did not attend?

Another question is that is there a way to track the questions asked and the duration of webinar stayed? We were able to do that before but i don't see that functionality in marketo.

Tags (1)
14 REPLIES 14
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hik Cliff,

the connector between Marketo and GTW is in fact a way to exchange program statuses in Marketo with registration/attendance in GTW.

You need to setup the connector and sync a Marketo program with a GTW webinar. Once this is done, you deactivate the registration forms, emails and autoresponders in GTW and manage them in Marketo.

When you add some one as a "registred" member in Marketo, that person is immediately registered in GTW. When the person attends in GTW (with a few minutes to a few tens of minutes after the webinar), their member status in the Marketo program is automatically switched to "registered".

if you want some emails to be sent from Marketo as a result of an "attended" status, you will have to set your own smart campaign, usually using a "program status changes" trigger.

-Greg

Cliff_Lin
Level 1

Hi Greg,

Thanks for the response. My company prefer using the GTW form instead of building in mkt because it's their workflow and they don't want to change it. I've done the connector and created the events program and everything. However, will marketo program still add the person into the program if it's done via teh GTW form instead of the marketo form? I tried it and it didn't sync in. I think it may sync after the webinar is over. If it does sync in, does it sync people with all statuses such as registered, declined, attended...etc, or just the people that registered and attended?

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Cliff,

I might work... or not. It's not supported, as written in the doc if I remember well. The doc is explicit that you need to turn off GTW forms and emails.

-Greg

Amy_Goldfine
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

I think you should convince your company to go with Marketo forms for GTW registration. A couple reasons:

- Lead Source control: Leads that come in through GTW automatically have "Event Partner" Lead Source

- Field sync: There is a limited number of fields that GTW can push back to Marketo. I *think* it's First Name, Last Name, Email. You likely want to collect more information on form fills than this.

- Brand Management: It's much more professional and a better brand experience to have the registration be on your website (or at least a Marketo LP with your branding)

(Note: you don't need to turn off GTW emails, we use their confirmation and reminder emails)

Amy Goldfine
Marketo Champion & Adobe Community Advisor
Anonymous
Not applicable

I do too!

I'm wondering, does the sync work bilaterally? Say, if we kept GTW's registration form and I connect the program to GTW, will the registration sync back to Marketo? Or do I have to use a MKTO form?

Amy_Goldfine

Yep, the sync works bilaterally, once you have the Launchpoint connected in Admin and you connect a Marketo program to a GTW webinar. However, you can't control Lead Source, it's always going to be Event Partner. As you probably know, you want to "block field updates" to Lead Source in Admin, which means that it is a huge pain to change Lead Source from Event Partner to whatever value you want it to be. You have to unblock field updates to the field, change the records manually or with a smart campaign, and then remember to re-block field updates. It's not advisable at all.

Amy Goldfine
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Amy! What are your thoughts on using this method only for known registrants? We're hosting an exclusive client webinar, and my client services team has been using GTW's registration form for so long that they're wary of using Marketo's forms. I'm trying, though!

Amy_Goldfine

I know how hard it is to get people to change their ways!

Even if it's going to only be sending to customers, those people are definitely going to forward to other customers who aren't already in your database. They may be people who are sharing a login, or who aren't using the product directly but want to learn more.

What is their issue with Marketo's forms? I'd try to tease that out and then come back to them with concrete reasons why Marketo forms won't be an issue.

Another thing you can get from Marketo forms that you can't get from GTW is custom info that would help you plan the webinar. You can ask how long they've been using the product, what their interests are (from a picklist), free form question field, etc. You can send all that info back to a Marketo field and report on it to plan the content of your webinar, or push it to a notes field for Sales, etc.

Amy Goldfine
lillyfalcon
Level 3

Hi @Amy_Goldfine 🙂 

For reasons too long to explain, we are using GTW landing page and form and I need to update Person Source once attendees no shows are pushed to Marketo.

I'm setting up an event program for the first time and I've used this trigger and flow step - does it look right to you? ie. will these webinar leads get added to Marketo as 'member of the event program'. Or should I use a (trigger) constrain source = Event partner?

Screenshot 2023-11-24 at 4.01.10 pm.pngScreenshot 2023-11-24 at 4.01.25 pm.pngScreenshot 2023-11-24 at 4.01.59 pm.png

Thanks heaps for your help! 

Lilly 

Lilly Falcon