Re: GoToWebinar Event Invite

Sherry_Hale
Level 4

GoToWebinar Event Invite

Good morning,

I recently switched from WebEx Event center to GotoWebinar and I've reviewed the instructions which appear to be the same but the results were a disaser.  Here is what I read and followed without issue https://community.marketo.com/MarketoArticle?id=kA050000000LOFFCA4

The problem was when I went to invite - instead of inviting, it automatically registered almost 2k people for the webinar.  I was told by support to sync with a campaign in SFDC which I did NOT do with WebEx and am wondering if this is what caused the adding of all invitees rather than inviting them.  

Any ideas on how to make sure this doesn't happen again?
Tags (1)
7 REPLIES 7
Grant_Booth
Level 10

Do you know if you were using a different channel for it's program statuses than the last webinar? Also, how was the email sent (smart campaign, email program, etc.)? This should have nothing to do with WebEx v. GoToWebinar. It kind of sounds like maybe the channel had "Registered" as it's first status - which it might default to when the email is sent depending on what sent the email.
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

It sounds like you sent the invitation and the Flow step had Program Status = Registered instead of "Sent"

Your Registration flow should listen for the form fill out and then do

Change Program Status = Registered
Send Email "Confirmation"

Fix this by Removing everyone from the Program (or just removing the people who did NOT go through the registration flow properly).
Sherry_Hale
Level 4

Program status was registered but that was step 2 - here is how it was set up:

1 - invitation - send email, change program status to invijted, sync to salesforce
2 -Confirmation - Change program status to Registered (webinar), add to SFDC campaign, interesting moment, sync lead to SFDC, wait 2 hours, create sales task to follow up

That's it - the only difference was on the event level under setup, support told me to add a SFDC campaign sync
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Sherry,
Does your webinar channel in Marketo admin section have all the necessary program status, including "invited" "registered" "attended" "did not attend" and "watched on demand"?

And what flow step did you use inside the smart campaign when you sent the invite?

Thanks,
Jessica

Grant_Booth
Level 10

When you say:
"1 - invitation - send email, change program status to invijted, sync to salesforce
2 -Confirmation - Change program status to Registered (webinar), add to SFDC campaign, interesting moment, sync lead to SFDC, wait 2 hours, create sales task to follow up"

Are these two different smart campaigns, or two different flow steps in the same smart campaign?
Sherry_Hale
Level 4

Jessica, the invite was step 1 that I posted above.  Yes, I ahve all of those program status options.

Grant - Those are two separate smart campaigns
Anonymous
Not applicable

How about in Salesforce, does the campaign type of webinar in salesforce have a status of "invited"?