SOLVED

Re: GoToWebinar Comments/Questions

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

GoToWebinar Comments/Questions

Hi,

We use the gotowebinar connector but i can't find where my webinar comments/questions are populating. Does this field integrate into Marketo? if so where can i find where it is populating?

Thanks,

-Ryan
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Ryan,

To my knowledge, none of the GTW fields port over to Marketo. You could create custom fields and upload attendee lists after webinars to populate the fields. Kind of annoying, but that's the only solution I see.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Ryan,

To my knowledge, none of the GTW fields port over to Marketo. You could create custom fields and upload attendee lists after webinars to populate the fields. Kind of annoying, but that's the only solution I see.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Caleb is correct.  Lead comments and questions do not automatically come over from GoToWebinar.  I've taken to scrubbing the comments after a webinar has concluded and uploading the good questions and comments into Marketo and synching the field to a custom field in SFDC called "Lead Comments".  Just make sure the custom field is visible on the Lead object in SFDC. 
Randy_Davis
Level 3

Jessica, I'm very interested in capturing GTW comments in Marketo and then syncing them with SFDC. Would you be more specific in describing the process for uploading questions and comments from GTW into Marketo, and then syncing with SFDC? I understand that a new Lead field called "Lead Comments" needs to be created in SFDC, but I"m not sure about what's being synced from Marketo, and how an attendee's question is linked to a Marketo Program Member and then synced with SFDC. The Member record doesn't have a "Comments" field. As you can tell, I'm confused and can use any advice you can provide. Thanks!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Randy,

Ideally if you are using the GTW connector for Marketo your registrant and attendee information will sync in automatically at the conclusion of your webinar.

Any questions that the attendees asked during the webinar do not come over automatically. 

What I do is go into GTW, export an excel file called "attendee report" which will include ALL information about that attendee, how long they were logged in, when the logged in, what questions they asked, and anything they filled out on the registration survey.  I then take that file and change the title of the column for questions to "lead notes" so it syncs into that field in my Marketo and then into SFDC. I upload the csv list into the webinar program in Marketo and make sure the column I labled with "lead notes" maps to the field "Lead Notes".

Note, this could over write any exisitng notes in the field. 

Hope that helps!
Jessica
Randy_Davis
Level 3

Update: Just completed a test run of GTW, and downloaded the Attendee Report. Depending on the number of questions an attendee asks, the report may contain multiple columns like "Webinar Question 1," "Webinar Question 2," etc. Do you rename each column to "Lead Notes" or combine an attendees questions into one column renamed "Lead Notes"? Thanks again, Jessica!

Thanks, Jessica. I'll give it a whirl!

Rd
Randy_Davis
Level 3

So, here's my dilemma. I can successfully populate the Marketo Lead Notes field with attendee questions from GTW. I can display those questions in the Lead Notes field in lead information detail. I have created a custom field in SFDC and made it visible for both Lead and Contact in the SFDC Marketo profile (Webinar_Notes__c (SFDC Lead), 
Webinar_Notes__c (SFDC Contact)). I can view the SFDC Webinar Notes field detail in the Fields tab of Marketo Field Management. However, I can find no way to map Marketo's Lead Notes to SFDC's Webinar Notes.  "Lead Notes" does not appear via the Marketo Field Mapping tab. What am I missing?

Thanks for any advice you can provide...

Rd
Anonymous
Not applicable

In order to sync a custom SFDC field with an existing Marketo field you will need to submit a support ticket with Marketo.

This also sounds like marketo Lead notes is already synced with the SFDC field Lead Notes.