Getting Errors trying to access Community content

Anonymous
Not applicable

Getting Errors trying to access Community content

I'm getting errors trying to access some content in the Marketo Community.

For example, I'm trying to see the content in this Help Article (and others)

Want to see the different Program Channels and Progression Statuses that Marketo's Marketing team uses internally? Download the attached document for a list of our current Channels, Channel descriptions, Progression Statuses, and examples of Success.

But I'm getting this error - An Error occurred while processing your request. Please try again later.
Tags (1)
7 REPLIES 7
Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Getting Errors trying to access Community content

This happens to me a lot.  Apparently it's a result of older posts that Marketo disabled.  Unfortunately, many of these posts are still relevant and it would be useful if Marketo didn't disable them.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Martin & Dan - Thanks for the heads up! Sorry this happening. I will ask Scott and Liz who are in charge of Community at Marketo to investigate. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the heads up. I will look into this!
Scott
Anonymous
Not applicable

In this case, a deleted article was not purged from the search index.  It therefore showed up in search, but the page doesn't exist anymore.  If you see more of that, you can email docsteam@marketo.com and we will fix the problem.

Why do we delete articles?
Usually the answer is that the content is just wrong/misleading.  Sometimes it is so poorly written that hardly anyone would understand what it was saying.

The docsteam has been working hard over the last year to document the product visually with good examples and language.  There are still articles we need to rewrite and also some that we need to get rid of.  We are not trying to hide information, but we want the information we publish to be high quality.

I hope this helps clarify.

Kenneth_Law
Level 10

Martin and Dan,

Thank you so much for posting and letting us know.  Could you let also know if you are getting to these article through our search, a connected webpage, or from a PDF/document ?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well firstly, I'd really like to actually see the content from this particular, now 'deleted' article!

Secondly, we need more best practice specific examples using either Marketo's own implementations or clients vs generic 'how to' articles.

Thirdly, I'm getting to these now 'deleted' articles both through search and embedded links in other community articles.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm seeing the same thing. The most recent one I saw was in the deep dive section of the community under email marketing: https://community.marketo.com/MarketoArticle?id=kA050000000L3eqCAC. It's pretty frustrating because I get this message every time I visit the community.