getLeadChanges Confusion

Anonymous
Not applicable

getLeadChanges Confusion

I'm trying to put together a simple API integration module to get the number of leads created from entry page URL's.  So for any arbitray page on my website, I'd like to see how many leads were created from people who first landed on that page.

I don't see anything in the API that seems to give that directly?  But the getLeadChanges() call looks interesting.  However, I'm a bit confused by this.

I see I can filter by VISIT_WEBPAGE.   Will this API call give me the leads CREATED or is this just returning the fact that a lead browsed on the webpage at some point in time?

Any help here would be appreciated.  Thanks!

-John

Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: getLeadChanges Confusion

It will only give you a list of leads who visited the page.  What you probably want is info in the Original Source Info and Original Source Type fields.  By default, these are not returned in the getLead results, but you can copy them over to a custom field using change data value flow action.  All custom fields are returned, so you'll be able to extract the information in this way.  Do remember that the Source Info field is likely to have the form name, not the name of the webpage.  But, if you use a form on only one landing page, this mapping would be straightforward