SOLVED

Get Lead by ID in UI quick find

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Get Lead by ID in UI quick find

Hi,

I want to find the lead by ID in UI via Smart List filters, but I cannot find any filters.

I can find the lead by Email address using Quick Find textbox.

Can you please help?

Note: I can find the lead by ID thru REST API call.

Thanks

Anil

Tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

Re: Get Lead by ID in UI quick find

When you open a lead detail record in the browser, you can replace the number at the end of the URL with the lead id and navigate to your desired record.  Not terribly intuitive, I know but it will work.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Stijn_Heijthuij
Level 7

Hi Anil,

Can you give a use case why you would want to find a lead by the ID?

There's no way to search for a lead by ID because in practice this never happens. Leads have attributes or excite behavior which is interesting to filter on. A Lead ID doesn't tell you anything useful about the lead, other than the row number in the MKTO database.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am integrating Marketo with CRM via Scribe where ID is the key.

For troubleshooting, I need to open a lead quickly by its ID.

Anyway I can use URL to open a lead by ID. Thanks to the post from Kenny below.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have exported a list of leads from Marketo and did some additional processing on the exported leads in an excel file, removing some of the leads. Now I want to go back and pull some additional columns from Marketo for the leads I have left in the spreadsheet and export them by creating a smartlist just with the set of people I have left in my spreadsheet. I can't use the email address because many have duplicate accounts in Marketo. If I could create a smartlist filtered on ID, I would get back only the same lead entries that match what I have in the spreadsheet.

Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

When you open a lead detail record in the browser, you can replace the number at the end of the URL with the lead id and navigate to your desired record.  Not terribly intuitive, I know but it will work.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Kenny. I can live with this.