SOLVED

Re: Generic web page from email

Go to solution
David_Beasley
Level 2

Generic web page from email

Hi everyone. Is there a way to create a live web page from a Marketo email, that I can post a link to so that anyone can click and view the page?

I have tried the view as a web page {{system.viewAswebpageLink}} but it only allows the actual email recipient to view the link.

I need a quick way to reference a location for the email to be viewed as a web page by anyone.

Thanks!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Phillip_Wild
Level 10 - Community Advisor

If it's not sensitive information, I would simply download the HTML (making sure to remove all personalised content such as tokens, unsubscribe, view in browser etc) then upload it to Design Studio under Images and Files.

The uploaded file path should now take you to the email when loaded in a web browser. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Jo_Pitts1

TECHNICALLY you can hover over the 'view as webpage' link in a sent email, right click, copy address.. and that'll work.

HOWEVER:

• Personalisation will be all wrong
  • Segment driven dynamic content will be wrong
  • Link tracking will be wrong
  • If someone unsubscribed - it'd unsubscribe the wrong person

So, while TECHNICALLY you could do that, ACTUALLY you really never should for so many reasons.

Phillip_Wild

If it's not sensitive information, I would simply download the HTML (making sure to remove all personalised content such as tokens, unsubscribe, view in browser etc) then upload it to Design Studio under Images and Files.

The uploaded file path should now take you to the email when loaded in a web browser.