Re: Generate Report Based on Marketo Custom Object Data

Anonymous
Not applicable

Generate Report Based on Marketo Custom Object Data

Hello,

We're considering creating a custom object to store some data from registration forms each time that data is submitted.

Event

Entry

First

Last

Institution

ABC123

A

Osman

Erzinclioglu

Institution A

ABC123

B

Ozzie

Smith

Institution B

ABC124

C

Osmond

Smythe

Institution A

The "event" column would represent a specific event but there may be more than one "entry" for a given event. The "entry" code would be entirely unique - likely a date stamp. What we'd like to be able to do is to generate a report of all the "entries" for event ABC123, as well as the corresponding data points for each "entry" for an event. Depending on the lead, it could be zero "entries" or many entries.

The data is being used to generate certificates, so their first, or even last name, might differ each time, depending on how they would prefer their name to appear on that certificate.

This object would be tied to the lead by e-mail address.

Is there a way to export all records or to run a query for all records where the event value is "ABC123"? Would we need to leverage the API to generate such a report? I didn't see an option to export all records in Marketo.

7 REPLIES 7
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi,

Yes, the API is the way to here, as far as I know. I am sure that you will not be able to get this from Marketo analytics. May be RCE?

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, both! I was hoping there was a simpler way to export or query on the data objects from within Marketo, but this will work fine.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Greg,

AFAIK custom object data is not available on RCE reports.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Yes this is correct, I have tested

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, this is definitely available via APIs.  You can find a description of them here:  developers.marketo.com

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, both! I was hoping there was a simpler way to export or query on the data objects from within Marketo, but this will work fine.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I'm trying to pull this data as well. I noticed that you posted this back in October. Did you happen to find any other solution besides exporting via API?

Thanks!

Sam