Re: Gated Webinars For Specific Audience

Anonymous
Not applicable

Gated Webinars For Specific Audience

Hello Marketo Community,

I am looking to create gated webinars for different audiences with the ability to control who views each webinar. I have included a couple example scenarios below:

1. Webinar for partners only
  2. Webinar for employees only
  3. Paid customers only
  4. Public

For groups 1-3, I am wondering what is the best way to configure the webinar program so that only these members are allowed to view the webinar? (i.e. not accessible by sharing a link) Currently, we are using Webex as our hosting platform, but are open to other hosts that would be good for this functionality.

Some thoughts I had were to create a gated landing page with dynamic content and a segmentation for the audience which shows an embedded webinar, or link to the webinar to the designated audience. Or include rules on the form for the follow up page if email address is [list of emails] show link to webinar, if not then show a page “webinar is not available.”

My only concern here is that it is possible for someone to pass on the gated landing page link to another member and also provide their email address so the other member can register. Might be unlikely, but I am worried about the security and if there is anyway to make sure only certain designated people are able to view the webinar.

Does anyone have insights or recommendations on how to set up webinars more securely?

I would appreciate any thoughts.

Thank you!

8 REPLIES 8
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Depends how secure you need it to be.

1. have a portal and let people register and give them different levels of access to the videos hosted somewhere. This requires a system like this one to execute. You do not need webex.
  2. You should record your webinars to MP4 or something and then host them somewhere. Webex not required for the secondary viewing.
  3. You can create an autoresponder based on the smart list. Like you said, it could be a pre-set list, but it could also be based on Record Type = Partner, etc... if you are able to know the lead's type. if they are new, this may be harder.
    1. Yes, you could do this based on dynamic content as well.

You sound very concerned about someone sharing the link to the wrong type of lead. Why is that? Someone who really wants to share the link or even record the screen can certainly share your content w/o your permission. Is it that big a deal?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Josh,

Thanks for much for insights. Do you have an example on what system this kind of portal can be created on? Would it work for on-demand webinars too?

The reason I am concerned is because some webinars may contain internal/sensitive content which we only want certain members to view, specifically for groups 1,2. For group 4 it would not be too big of a deal.

Thanks!

Lauren_Beth
Level 6

Hi Jodie,

Not sure if this would be helpful but we put every "registrant" to our webinars to pending and then manually go in and select registered or rejected depending on the lead.  This gives us total control over attendees.  Yes it's manual but we've grown accustomed to looking for good vs. bad leads and it takes a matter of seconds to skim and select who is in or out.

Lauren

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Lauren! This can work as well I think. Just curious how are you passing on the data for "attendees" or "approved" status to the webinar platform? Or are you sending an email with the webinar link/info once a member is marked as approved? I have seen this done before, but still not sure how it would prevent non invitees from accessing the webinar through a forwarded link.

Lauren_Beth
Level 6

We use webex which syncs up with Marketo very nicely.  We set up the webinar basics in webex - title, time, duration, etc - go into Marketo, build the program and emails and connect our Marketo program with the webex basics.  Our flow is move "registrants" to pending.  We go through and approve or reject.  The flow then waits two minutes to let webex/marketo chat then we send the registration email.  Rejected registrants receive nothing.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Lauren, I think this set up may work.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jodie Lail​,

Are you worried about the live webinars being viewed by the wrong audiences or recordings of the webinar? Below are a few options if you're mainly concerned about recordings:

• Upload them into a service like Box that allows you to share files with only specific collaborators or create links that can only be accessed with a password. These sites usually allow you to see where your links are being viewed from as well. Turn off things like downloading for extra security.
  • If your community platform allows, create a separate section within the community for groups 1-3. We have a specific partner section that is only accessible to usernames of our partners within the Optiverse community.

Hope one of the workarounds in this thread help you!

Best,

Wintha

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Wintha, thank you so much for these suggestions. I really like the second option! I will talk to our team about something like this.