Gated content: Can we make this dynamic dependent on lead score?

Alfie_Dawson
Level 1

Gated content: Can we make this dynamic dependent on lead score?

I'm looking for a solution to offer ungated content to people with qualified lead scores automatically - rather than creating two versions of the landing page and distributing dependent on lead score.

Is there a way if there's a known user that we don't show a lead form but just a "download here"?

2 REPLIES 2
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Gated content: Can we make this dynamic dependent on lead score?

Is there a way if there's a known user that we don't show a lead form but just a "download here"?

Of course, that is literally what Known Visitor HTML ("If Known Visitor, Show Custom HTML" in Form Editor » Setup) is for.

But you're kind of changing your question on the fly! You started off with it dependent on the lead score... but then you said just "known user," which means a session that is associated with a known person in your Marketo database, regardless of score.

If you want to ungate content based on the visitor not only being known, but having a particular score, you'll want to output the {{Lead.Lead Score}} token into JS on the page. Then you can use that variable to determine what to do next.

// form and link are both hidden by default using CSS styles
var leadScore = {{lead.Lead Score:default=undefined}};
var minScoreToUngate = 100;
if( leadScore === undefined ) {
// score not yet set, or has been reset, so you might treat this specially
} else if( leadScore >= minScoreToUngate ) {
// score is set and above ungate threshold
// show a direct link, i.e. by adding CSS classes to the <body> or another
} else {
// score is set and below ungate threshold
// show the form, i.e. by adding corresponding CSS classes
}‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍

Update 2019-12-07: Alfie Dawson please read responses to your threads, it's very frustrating to take time to provide Correct answers and have the thread abandoned.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Gated content: Can we make this dynamic dependent on lead score?

OP please return to your thread and mark my answer as Correct, thanks.