SOLVED

Re: Full API Request

Go to solution
Jessie_Coluccio
Level 3

Full API Request

Morning Community,

This is where my non-techhy part comes in so any help would be greatly appreciated!

I am getting error codes so logged with support and they have asked for

"provide me with the full API Request and the full Response? Examples of what a Request and Response look like are within this documentation:"

http://developers.marketo.com/rest-api/lead-database/activities/

When i am on that article there are several things to do.. Should i be getting the activity type? or lead activities?

I am a bit lost!

Tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jay_Jiang
Level 10

In reply to your dev, the cases when _mkto_trk doesn't load is if a visitor is using FireFox Private Browsing + tracking protection enabled, or, if you left out the munchkin script on certain pages - the latter can be checked and fixed.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Jay_Jiang
Level 10

What error codes are you getting?

Why did support think your Marketo was making API calls?

Does your Marketo have any API integrations set up?

Jessie_Coluccio
Level 3

Thanks for the response!

I am getting 1003, 1004, 709

"To identify the incorrect information you will need to consult with your web developer or API admin. I have looked into the API call and can confirm that the request was made by the user xx on the date 1/23/19 5:15 PM. Please note that API time is based on Central (CST) time.

If you require further information, would you be able to provide me with the full API Request and the full Response? Examples of what a Request and Response look like are within this documentation:

http://developers.marketo.com/rest-api/lead-database/activities/ "

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

And do you, as Jay asked, have homebrewed and/or commercial integrations?

Jessie_Coluccio
Level 3

Hmmm I know it is connected to Kentico/ MSD/ SAP .. I will need to find more info sorry I am a noob!

Jay_Jiang
Level 10

That's quite a few possibilities. Looking at http://developers.marketo.com/rest-api/error-codes/ you can try to deduce or at least narrow down which one of the connectors is the culprit. Then it'd be a matter of talking to the developer/s that maintain your external system to test and remedy the issue.

Jessie_Coluccio
Level 3

Morning thanks again for the quick responses.

This probably will make more sense to you both than me but looks like the root cause has been determined

Our website dev looked into this and was able to clarify the root cause of these errors:

This error happens if associate endpoint is called without a cookie parameter, the cookie is _mkto_trk which is set by some marketo scripts for some reason, this cookie is not set for some users.

He added checking not to call the associate endpoint if cookie is empty.

Jay_Jiang
Level 10

In reply to your dev, the cases when _mkto_trk doesn't load is if a visitor is using FireFox Private Browsing + tracking protection enabled, or, if you left out the munchkin script on certain pages - the latter can be checked and fixed.